Removing javascript from admin theme

Sevenupcan

Can ProcessWire work without Javascript? I'm rebuilding the admin theme from the bottom up and I want to remove all (or as much as I can) of the jQuery UI and use my own. However I noticed that this breaks the homepage where all the templates are loaded. Can someone help me get this working without Javascript?

Thanks.

Most of ProcessWire's admin can function without Javascript, but sections of the admin that rely upon asmSelect's sortable functionality require javascript. I think the Template edit screen is the primary one that would be problematic. The PageList should technically be able to function without Javascript (though haven't tried it in awhile), but you lose the ability to drag-sort of course. I'd always intended the admin to be workable without JS, but the demand for it has never come up, so it's not had much focus since version 2.0 was released. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was wrong, the PageList won't work without Javascript at present. ProcessWire just delivers JSON for the PageList, and the markup is actually rendered in Javascript. Try this URL for an example of the output that ProcessPageList produces: 

/processwire/page/?id=1&render=JSON

Thanks Ryan. Ok I think I can work around it. It's not a massive requirement to get it working without Javascript it's just I was trying to build an admin theme which was as lean as possible and I don't see the need for Javascript being used to generate the PageList. Also there is a weird arrow that appears when the list loads. My thinking was to go back to basics and start from scratch.

Nico. I'll send you a PM, and maybe you can help me get round some of the issues I'm having.

• Like 2