Website for a hotel in Karlsruhe

MadeMyDay

Imagine a hotel website. Done? Yeah, most of them look the same ;-)

In this project I took another approach. The client is - thank PW - able to (re)create the whole look of his website by changing tiles (images, sizes, texts). The size adapts to the screen size, so on nearly every device the look is different. But not the user experience. After one week online I can say: It works. Thanks to a lot(!) of image material and an engaged client it is one of the biggest sites I've ever made. There is a lot to discover (only german yet, english is due in May). So click around...

Der Blaue Reiter - Design Hotel Karlsruhe

• Like 18

Attention to detail is amazing. I really like how it responds to different screen widhts. All the different layouts seem to be very well designed. This would make a great case study or some more details about the design/development solutions you used.

Definitely one of my favourite sites and shows very well many strengths of PW.

huh, what an huge amount of work for you. really amazing website and - as you said - very unusual for a hotel. only the logo looks a bit old fashioned now compared to the rest of the appearance. assume they didn't want a redesign?

i definitely would love to learn a bit more about how you did this. did i understand you right, they can control the size and content of the tiles from the admin?

please give us - at least a mini - case study if you have time.

• Like 1

huh, what an huge amount of work for you. really amazing website and - as you said - very unusual for a hotel. only the logo looks a bit old fashioned now compared to the rest of the appearance. assume they didn't want a redesign?

i definitely would love to learn a bit more about how you did this. did i understand you right, they can control the size and content of the tiles from the admin?

please give us - at least a mini - case study if you have time.

If I find a spare minute, I will do that. Yes, there are predefined sizes for the tiles. Nearly everything you see is filled by them. I only provided the functionality + some specials. But the tiles are completely under their control (with some logic behind it ;-) )

Yes, there are predefined sizes for the tiles

Understand. This site by me works a bit the same. The client chooses pre-defined sizes for the width of class .post. otherwise the horizontal, table based layout wouldn't have been possible with a cms.

Hermoso! Would system like that work good for restaurant? My assistant and Maryla work to build multi media menu online but I like your better.

¡Muchas gracias! Of course something like that would work for a restaurant. You could provide images of your creations with description, the more important specials perhaps bigger, the standard meals smaller... why not. The selection of additional options on the conference page work the same ( including a cart, click on "zur Anfrage hinzufügen" ) http://hotelderblauereiter.de/tagung-konferenz/bausteine/speisen/

I moved few posts from here to another topic: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/3186-roderigo-maryla/

Also removed the ones that were discussing about moving to another topic to keep this focused. We do love good fun, but since clients also looks for these topics (through Google etc) it is nice to keep these showcases on topic.

• Like 5