Release: ProcessPiwikAnalytics

Luis

Hey Friends of Webanalytics,

I've finished the main work on porting Wanzes GA into a PiwikAnalytics Module.
Just uploaded it to the modules directory. 

It does pretty much the same like GAModule

So take a look at the module post: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/1609-processgoogleanalytics/

You could download the module in the directory or directly from my site: http://misterui.de/site/assets/files/1087/piwikanalytics.zip

Cheerio

• Like 11

yay! this is awesome.

couple of issues:

1.) comming soon (spelling is coming)

2.) is there any way to disable the module from showing any site IDs besides the one you enter? RIght now it shows all of the piwik sites, but i would only want to show the specified site, such as '6' (and not 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • etc..)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the module. 

I've got a problem with the data fetched from Piwik.

http://d.pr/i/vTlo

My visitors don't stay on the site for 3 days. The value should be (looking on the piwik panel) around 2 minutes. Maybe this bug is caused by the following lines in the .module file:

case 'avg_time_on_site':
              $visitTime = $this->piwik->getSumVisitsLengthPretty();
              $value = $visitTime['value'];

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Luis -

wondering if the PW piwik view could take into account child pages, when there are character delimiters in the page title; for example we have a slash in 3 page titles, and in the piwik, it shows those all as children of the text before the slash; in the PW piwik it only shoes the parent, but doesn't open up to show the children...

-marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you Fenton. :)

@Marc: I´m really sorry for my late response, looks to me like I have to rework the output in the foreach loop to let it look like the Piwik way. 

Maybe you could take a look into the Git Repo, I hardly could find time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luis,

just realized that under "Demographics", entries for countries & cities are "unknown", although in my piwik dashboard different countries are displayed correctly ...any ideas?

thanks a lot, cheers, j

• 7 months later...

If you add this line at the end of the array in public static function getModuleInfo() { 

'permission' => 'page-view' 

it will give your other users access. You could even give it a new custom permission, like: 

'permission' => 'analytics-view' 

then create that permission and assign it to the role of the users you want to allow access to. Of course these options are hacking the module core code and so hopefully Luis will reply soon with something along these lines. Hope that helps in the meantime.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thank you adrian for providing support. 

I can only apologise, I hardly find time to update or work on my published modules. However, they are on Git, so you easily could fork them or do a commit.

regards

EDIT: The module now needs permission 'analytics-view' 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is not a question about the module specifically but if you're using Piwik perhaps you'll know something about the problems I ran into today.

I had no luck with Piwik for some reason. It seemed to install okay, I found the info I needed for this module's settings and put the Piwik generated tracking JS on my pages but after visiting a few pages nothing was getting added to the Piwik database so there was nothing to report.

That's when I stumbled upon an issue with Piwik and eAccelerator. In the Piwik admin there's a page for Diagnostics where it says "You are using the PHP accelerator & optimizer eAccelerator which is known to be not compatible with Piwik. We have disabled eAccelerator, which might affect the performance of Piwik. Read the related ticket for more information and how to fix this problem." Really?! In what context?

I'm using PHP5.4 and eAccelerator. The hosting company suggested eAccelerator over APC and eAccelerator's home page says it is compatible with 5.4 but as recently as 5 weeks ago Piwik is saying "eaccelerator is not supported anymore and Piwik is not compatible with it." Haven't found much in the web about this. Any clues?

• 2 months later...

Hi Luis, great module! Thank you much!

I see a small display glitch using PW 2.5 and the standard admin theme. 

The tabs are half overlapping this text string:

Data from Site ID: 1

Also, instead of SideID, which is meaningless to my client, can this instead output the site name for that ID from the PIWIK panel?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The tabs are half overlapping this text string:

Data from Site ID: 1

@ceberlin, you can solve this very easy in source: /public_html/site/modules/ProcessPiwikAnalytics/ProcessPiwikAnalytics.css

add this code:

#content .container > form, #content .container > .ui-helper-clearfix > form {
    top: 30px !important;
}
  • Like 1

Thank you Guenter55 - much appreciated.

I personally prefer not to alter pw-core or module code myself (which would be overwritten with any next update) but to report this here so it get fixed for everyone, eventually ...one day ...maybe ;-)

• 2 years later...