New ProcessWire site with Shopping Cart

thetuningspoon

We just launched a new e-commerce website built off of ProcessWire. We worked off of Apeisa's shopping cart module as a base and were able to get the system integrated with Authorize.net's DPM for payments. We had a to do a lot of custom programming for this client as they needed sales tax, promo codes, and different shipping rates for different zip codes. 

I was delighted throughout the whole process with how much I was able to tailor the editing experience for the client as well as the visitor's experience on the page. The client had several last minute requirements which we would never have been able to implement in the time we had if we were using a different CMS and didn't have PW's API and custom field system.

I would like at some point to release some of the new shopping cart code (shipping rates by zip code, sales tax, promo codes) to the rest of the community, but as it stands it's not modularized/generic enough and the code is in too many different pieces to make it practical. If I have time outside of work I will try to see if I can make it more distributable so that I can give back something to PW :)

Special thanks to Apeisa for his input when we were getting started with this.

http://www.harkenslandscapesupply.com/

• Like 12