Problem uploading images

Michal Gancarski

Thanks for your response. However the request gets redirected before even touching PW functions. Writing a die() instruction at the top of the ___processInput() function in InputfieldFile.module doesn't change a bit.

I'm thinking that this problem is related somehow to the hosting provider and some obscure Apache directive. Non-ajax uploads work correctly.

• Like 1

Sorry for my long silence... I have the upload problem since weeks... It made me almost crazy...
For all who did not read my posting: Upload don´t work because the ajax icon is turning and don´t stops. Either this is happening, or it´s not possible do drop the image, neither choose the image by hand in the file browser...

I tried all wamp server (EasyPHP, UWAmp, Xampp)
I tried all internet explorer, firefox, google chrome...

I made "refreshed" my windows 8.1
Then... the problem was gone!!!! It worked... Then some days later... the problem was again appeared...

I installed Virtual PC with used a virtual PC with a working Windows 8.1 Image from Microsoft... - > Same problem...

I refreshed my windows again... it worked, problem was gone...
Then... since the last days I installed 10 windows updates.... then made a system restore point... tried if the upload still works.. and then installing 10 more updates more...
It still worked... But today it didn´t work.. I went to the last system restore point... and it worked again...
:-) funny story, eh? I´am curious why I don´t read that other people have the same problem....

Now I will install again slowly the software that I have installed since the last system restore point...

I have probably the same issue with an old PW 2.6 install on a shared hosting with PHP 5.5.32. The ajax upload completes with 100%, but I get Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in the console. The problem is that the ajax request to admin/page/edit/?id=1067 ends with a 302 response code, therefore jQuery tries to parse the response of the root page, which obviously starts with <html>.

I have the directive always_populate_raw_post_data set to Off, so I think that the problem is not related to  status 302 (phase 2). Match of "rx ^%{tx.allowed_request_content_ type}$" against "TX:0" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec_vendor_configs/OWASP/rules/REQUEST-20-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT.conf"] [line "405"] [id "960010"] [rev "2"] [msg "Request content type is not allowed by policy"] [data "application/octet-stream"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [ver "OWASP_CRS/3.0.0"] [maturity "9"] [accuracy "9"] [tag "application-multi"] [tag "language-multi"] [tag "platform-multi"] [tag "attack-protocol"] [tag "OWASP_CRS/POLICY/ENCODING_NOT_ALLOWED"] [tag "WASCTC/WASC-20"] [tag "OWASP_TOP_10/A1"] [tag "OWASP_AppSensor/EE2"] [tag "PCI/12.1"] [uri "/processwire/page/edit/"] [unique_id "V0TOAi78lWUADIzquNAAAACP"]

And this is the documentation of the rule

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/OWASP+ModSecurity+CRS#OWASPModSecurityCRS-REQUEST-20-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT''>https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/OWASP+ModSecurity+CRS#OWASPModSecurityCRS-REQUEST-20-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT'>https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/OWASP+ModSecurity+CRS#OWASPModSecurityCRS-REQUEST-20-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT

• Like 4

I solved my problem, too!!!

I am now build up my site at the remote host at the hosting company....

And not at my localhost (Windows 8.1..)
I had such a lot of bugs! Not just with the upload problems, but also missing table id´s after deleting the finnish language.... and a lot of others problems, too!!!

And everything seems to work smooth now!