Open Dynamo Webspace Backup Tool

totoff

Under category "revolutionary features": Delete all files and database tables in a single click. Isn't that nice and cozy? ;)

.. seriously speaking: haven't heard of this before so can't recommend. In our case Site Profile Exporter makes backups quite simple already, but not that simple, so I guess this could be useful in some cases. Especially if you don't want to / for some reason can't set up server-side automated backups etc.

Edit: after taking a slightly closer look at this thing I must say that I'm not exactly pleased, to say the least.

They claim it's a free software PHP script, but as far as I can tell only way to see it in action and/or view it's code seems to be by downloading a Windows installer, the size of which is nearly 50MB. Now that's suspicious.

Anyway, even if it's not a fake, that's one heck of a horrible way to distribute free software. Horrible enough to keep me away, at least :)

Edited by teppo
  • Like 1

They claim it's a free software PHP script, but as far as I can tell only way to see it in action and/or view it's code seems to be by downloading aWindows installer, the size of which is nearly 50MB. Now that's suspicious.

agree, didn't see that before. it gained my attraction because i'm looking for an easy solution to backup webspace and databases. for webspace i'm using cobian backup which does a good job but can't backup databases.

anyway, open dynamo seems not to be the right route ...

Hi Totoff, HeidiSQL for Windows is a nice tool which can do manually Backups from Databases. Not only dump into files, also transfer from one DB to an other, and some more. But DB's must be accessible from outside, not only from localhost.

• Like 2

I'm using MySQL Dumper  to backup the database. Configure it once and then you will have your backups as tar.gz files on the server. Now you could use Cobian to save these or - another feature of the MySQL Dumper save the backup to an external FTP server.

It's running for two years now on my old forum without problems.

• Like 3