RockFrontend Site Profile - Quickly setup new Websites with RockFrontend + UIkit (optional) + TailwindCSS (optional)

I've been working on this site profile over the last month and we got several updates to the site profile exporter thx to @ryan that make maintaining site profiles a lot smoother.

It's not 100% battle tested yet, but if anybody wants to help finding bugs and improving the docs (by asking questions, which indicates where docs are missing), here you go: https://github.com/baumrock/site-rockfrontend

It's a quite interesting setup that I came up with on my latest project. I'll share more info another day, if there is interest, but for my latest RockMonthly newsletter I didn't want to hold that information back and also I wanted to have a place where people can discuss.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bernhard,

I don't know how to properly write this post, I'll probably "refactor" it after.

basic-page.php and home.php are empty template files.
Are they only needed (even empty) if custom page class(es) php files that are related to them exist?
Because latte files are used here I'm a bit confused about the (possible) role of these template files.

In this site profile, in which use case(s) would they not stay empty?
Could you please give one (or more) example(s)?

Thanks in advance!

NB: I don't want to use tailwind (for several reasons, one of them is that there are resets used but uikit uses normalize already, doesn't it? (I would perhaps prefer modern-normalize or another "at-rest" for the moment project related to one of the css grids evangelists (I don't remember her name right now)), BUT I'm curious about _tailwind.css, I think it's the first time I see the "_" prefix on a css file name.

• Like 1

Thx @Christophe that's some good questions 🙂 

I've updated the profile to hopefully answer all of them: https://github.com/baumrock/site-rockfrontend/commit/be55adae28ffe6a7aac83944284820f17afdaabf

18 hours ago, Christophe said:

NB: I don't want to use tailwind (for several reasons, one of them is that there are resets used but uikit uses normalize already, doesn't it? (I would perhaps prefer modern-normalize or another "at-rest" for the moment project related to one of the css grids evengelists (I don't remember her name right now)), BUT I'm curious about _tailwind.css, I think it's the first time I see the "_" prefix on a css file name.

You don't need to use tailwind. If you don't want to use it just remove the _tailwind.css file. If you find anything happening that should not be let me know and I'll fix it.

• Like 1