onjegolders

Limiting file upload size

Hi guys, just wondering if there is a way of limiting the size of a file being uploaded through Wire Upload rather than server-wide?

EDIT: Am also wondering how to output any errors the WireUpload should be outputting.

Is it an alternative for you to set that variables in the .htaccess file ? 

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 20M
php_value memory_limit 30M
</IfModule>
  • Like 1

Thanks both of you, they're both good options, I had temporarily used $_FILES["size"] but will definitely take a closer look at your example Soma.

I'm now getting stuck trying to send the file as an attachment from the same template, the email is getting sent successfully using PHPMailer but the attachment's aren't sending. Have you ever had any issues sending email attachments through PW?

I've tried using the $_FILES temp path as well as the actual $page->files->last() which has just been created on the same template but neither send the attachment. I've also tried using just a test file and that's not sent either. Have you had any experience of this?

This is the code I'm currently using:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/52b06e0b0dc8f9e5c9d9

Sending a file using url doesn't work, it has to the full server path.

Thanks Soma though i did try an image outside of the pw file system.

How would i get the path to the file using PW, any ideas?

haha so simple! 

actually just tried $page->files->last()->filename and the email sent with attachment.

Thanks.

Ups yeah sorry it's $file->filename :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sébastien
      Hi Guys,
      I recently started using ProcessWire and already manage to accomplish several things on my own, but I keep asking myself a lot of questions, among which the following:
      After installing a multiple sites version (first method), everything works for now as desired, but I realize that all the files seem accessible by all the domains.
      Let's say that site1.com can access the asset files, template or other ressources of site2.com folders and vice versa by specifying only and for example:
      site1.com/path_to_a_site2_folder/one_file
      or
      site2.com/path_to_a_site1_folder/one_file
      Would you know if there is a simple way to prohibit this kind of behavior in order to clearly distinguish each site and thus ensure the confidentiality and separation of content?
      I prefer to avoid the entities to be considered as a single set by crawlers and prevent access the elements belonging to each domain from another domain.
      Thanks for your help. Sébastien.
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      wasn't sure where to put this, so it goes in General section.
      Ryan shows a hook that we can use to mirror files on demand from live server to development environment to be up to date with the files on the server without having to download complete site/assets/files folder.
      I just implemented this but had problems getting files to load from a site in development that is secured with user/password via htaccess.
      First I tried to use WireHttp setHeader method for basic authentication like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $http = new WireHttp(); // basic authentication $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $http->setHeader('Authorization: Basic', base64_encode("$u:$pw")); $http->download($url, $file); } } But, unfortunately this didn't work.
      So now I am using curl to do the download. My hook function now looks like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $fp = fopen($file, 'w+'); // init file pointer $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 50); // crazy high timeout just in case there are very large files curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$u:$pw"); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_BASIC); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp); // give curl the file pointer so that it can write to it curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); $data = curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); } } Now I can load files and images from the htaccess protected development server 🙂
      If anyone knows how to get this to work with WireHttp, please let me know. Thank you.
    • By Robin S
      If you've ever needed to insert links to a large number of files within CKEditor you may have found that the standard PW link modal is a somewhat slow way to do it.
      This module provides a quicker way to insert links to files on the page being edited. You can insert a link to an individual file, or insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page with a single click.
      CKEditor Link Files
      Adds a menu to CKEditor to allow the quick insertion of links to files on the page being edited.

Features
      Hover a menu item to see the "Description" of the corresponding file (if present). Click a menu item to insert a link to the corresponding file at the current cursor position. The filename is used as the link text. If you Alt-click a menu item the file description is used as the link text (with fallback to filename if no description entered). If text is currently selected in the editor then the selected text is used as the link text. Click "* Insert links to all files *" to insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page. Also works with the Alt-click option. Menu is built via AJAX so newly uploaded files are included in the menu without the page needing to be saved. However, descriptions are not available for newly uploaded files until the page is saved. There is an option in the module config to include files from Repeater fields in the edited page. Nested Repeater fields (files inside a Repeater inside another Repeater) are not supported. Installation
      Install the CKEditor Link Files module.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert link to file" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "LinkFilesMenu" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/cke-link-files/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CkeLinkFiles
    • By neophron
      Hi,
      I was searching in the forum about a method how to remove a file extension, like .jpg, but couldn't find anything.
      There are some php methods out in the wild, but I wanted first to get sure, that Processwire is offering a solution.
      The background is, that a clients website has a lot of images, packed in different galleries. All image files contain the name, dimensions and other stuff about the image (painting). I want to echo the image name in the image tag.

thanks 
    • By louisstephens
      So I am using ajax to upload an image, but I am getting the error "Method WireUpload:: save does not exist or is not callable". I am not quite sure how to go about fixing this (at the moment).
      elseif($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == "upload-preview") { $u = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $u->save(); } I compared my code to something I did previously (though previously I just posted to the current template file, not through ajax) which works, but this doesnt seem to be working. I have the _init.php file prepending as well. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening?