Can't reach the Modules section in the backend

luckybusted

Hey Guys,

just migrated my PW from local to the webserver. Everything is fine except one thing.

When I click on the "Modules" section in the backend I get linked to .../processwire/module/ but the page is white ... no errors just a blank page.

Any ideas for this?

Thanx that was the first right step.

Now I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /var/www/web152/html/stage/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupport.module on line 372

Fatal error: Class declarations may not be nested in /var/www/web152/html/stage/wire/core/FileLog.php on line 19

Welcome to the forums!

I think Wanze meant $config->debug = true;

You could also try and delete module cache files (in case you've copied site/assets/cache as well):

rm site/assets/cache/Modules.*
  • Like 1

@nik thank you!

I cleared the cache and got this error now:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /var/www/web152/html/stage/wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryWireTabs/JqueryWireTabs.module on line 5

Seems that you've only got 16 MB of memory reserved for PHP. That's awfully small amount and could definitely result in problems like this.

Any chance that you could increase this? Similar problem was discussed here and in that case increasing memory limit was the solution. I would suggest something like 128 MB, but according to that thread even 30 MB should be enough :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Welcome to the forums!

I think Wanze meant $config->debug = true;

You could also try and delete module cache files (in case you've copied site/assets/cache as well):

rm site/assets/cache/Modules.*

Hi,

I have the same problem after having moved the site to a another server. When trying to log in I get the statement: "The process returned no content" 

Error:   wire/core/FileLog.php on line 86

(I've edited my previous comment as I logged into the old server, silly me ..).

Any suggestions?

Bernard

Hi,

I retried to upload everything from one server withe the testsite with ProcessWire 2.7.2 to another server php 5.4. The front end is doing fine but when I try to login I still get a "The process returned no content.

On the top or the admin page I get:  Unable to generate password hash

What is possibly wrong?

Kind regards,

Bernard

Hi,

I retried to upload everything from one server withe the testsite with ProcessWire 2.7.2 to another server php 5.4. The front end is doing fine but when I try to login I still get a "The process returned no content.

On the top or the admin page I get:  Unable to generate password hash

What is possibly wrong?

Kind regards,

Bernard

This doesn't appear to be related to the original thread... Could you please open a new thread for this?

Thanks Mike,

but I just seem to have solved the problem while reading through and through the forum and experimenting a bit ...

1. In wire/core/password.php (version 2.7.2 around line 230) I changed  

public function supportsBlowfish() {
return version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0') >= 0 && defined("CRYPT_BLOWFISH") && CRYPT_BLOWFISH;
TO
public function supportsBlowfish() {
return version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.4.0') >= 0 && defined("CRYPT_BLOWFISH") && CRYPT_BLOWFISH;
(I was coming from php 5.3.18 on the old server to php5.4.x on the new one)

2. I did THIS (at the bottom of site/templates/admin.php)  with a NEW password and clicked 'mysite'surl.com'/processwire   ONCE

$u = $users->get('YOURLOGINNAME');
$u->of(false);
$u->pass = 'ANEWPASSWORD';
$u->save(); 

3. Went back to  admin.php and erased what I put in  #2 and saved it (ftp)

4. Clicked again on  'mysite's url.com'/processwire and logged in with the new password

5. A miracle happened as I got back into the admin section on the new server ^-^

Nothing better than the PW forum as it really harnesses all the solutions .. Thanks!

Bernard