Roope

Email Obfuscation (EMO)

Thanks @Roope! The hook didn't work within the page template (maybe too late there) but did work in /site/ready.php

On 9/28/2016 at 10:30 AM, Bacelo said:

<?php echo '<script src="' . $config->urls->siteModules . 'EmailObfuscation/emo.min.js"></script>'; ?>

This works fine as before - the script gets included just fine.

But, none of the included E-Mails addresses are replaced with any text and elements at all. They are still untouched present in plain text.

I ran into a similar issue with v1.1.0. using Javascript Loading method: Load file to $config->scripts 

emo.min.js is included on the page before the <!-- emo --> script block which defines var emo_addr. The function emo_replace() never gets called because at the point of script inclusion emo_addr === undefined. In v1.5 of  emo.js window.onload was removed. So the script never executes when emo.min.js is included before the <!-- emo --> script block.

I have refactored emo.js as an object literal and modified the module Code so that the script block calls emo.init(emo_addr) after defining the addresses.

emo.thumb.png.162cbf4268f1b57ca53fb32f3182e542.png

Tested without problems. Modified module can be found at https://github.com/gebeer/EmailObfuscation/tree/dev

@Roope do you want a PR for that?

Hello @gebeer!

I made a convert to object literal on your supposal but it had issue when "JavaScript loading method" was set to:manual (where emo.js is loaded after the inline script block). So script init is now again attached to the window onload event and emo.js can be included at any part of page. Thanks for the report!

I also dropped ProcessWire namespace for continued 2.x support, thanks for a remind @Robin S! That was maybe too hesitated and no requirements for it.

Version bumped to 1.1.1 and it's available at GitHub:
https://github.com/BlowbackDesign/EmailObfuscation/releases/tag/1.1.1

Besides bugfixes this version adds support to multilanguage nosript text and template cache.

• Like 2

Looking a bit closer at this, it looks like it's just Chrome on an Android mobile, desktop sees to be OK now. Every other browser I've tried is fine.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:23 AM, PWaddict said:

How can I re-initiate it via AJAX?

On 1/12/2017 at 2:41 PM, Roope said:

Currently this is not possible.

Would be really great, if this module could be used via Ajax. 😉

New EMO version 1.2.0 released!

https://github.com/BlowbackDesign/EmailObfuscation/releases/tag/1.2.0

In this version only encryption key is stored in the emo object of html document and crypted email strings as data attributes to span elements that are used to replace found email addresses. This makes it possible to obfuscate emails generated within AJAX request.

There is also a new option at module config to lock the encryption key so that it does not change on every session like it does by default. This is required if you are caching AJAX output for more than session lifetime. Otherwise this option is good leave disabled.

Here is quick example of a simple AJAX request with obfuscated output:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

if($config->ajax) {
  $str = "<p><a href='mailto:foo@bar.com'>Click to mail</a></p>";
  // auto obfuscation works only when complete html document is rendered so you
  // need to do manual obfuscation on AJAX calls even when mode is set to auto
  echo $sanitizer->emo($str);
  return $this->halt();
}

?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title>EMO ajax example</title>
</head>
<body>

<p>john@doe.com</p>
  <div id="result"></div>
  <p><button onclick="sendExample()">Show me some</button></p>

<script>
    var sendExample = function() {
      var xhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
      xhttp.open("POST", "<?= $page->url ?>", true);
      xhttp.setRequestHeader("X-Requested-With", "XMLHttpRequest");
      xhttp.onreadystatechange = function() {
        if(this.readyState == 4 && this.status == 200) {
          document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = xhttp.response;
          // run emo init when there's something new to digest
          emo.init();
        }
      };
      xhttp.send();
    };
  </script>

</body>
</html>

• Like 3

Just a warning, this seems to have a conflict with SEO Maestro module?  I can't diagnose much as I'm at work and it's very busy at the moment.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:10 AM, grimezy said:

Just a warning, this seems to have a conflict with SEO Maestro module?  I can't diagnose much as I'm at work and it's very busy at the moment.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks.

I can't confirm.

Running PW 3.0.123 + latest versions on both of modules.

What kind of issues are you facing?

Posted (edited)

I am having a different issue. With v1.2.0. I get this warning: 
Warning
array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
File: .../EmailObfuscation/EmailObfuscation.module:352

352 if(!is_array($options) && !array_key_exists('pageStack', $options)) {
          return false;
    }

If $options passes the first test, it is not an array. The second test checks for array_key_exists in a non-array. Hence the warning.

The error is being triggered when $options is null.

As a temp workaround I amended the if statement to read

if(is_array($options) && !array_key_exists('pageStack', $options)) {
	return false;
}

Not sure though if this is correct. Maybe you wanted to return false when $options is not an array, too?

Edited by gebeer
typo

Hello @gebeer (and @grimezy) and thanks for the info!

I was able to reproduce this and it was purely silly mistake I made when I was rearranging stuff. The is_array check in this condition is there only to prevent such a warning in array_key_exists function.

This is now fixed in 1.2.1 version.

And finally in 1.2.2 version.

While I was there I also added conditional autoload to block admin pages which is proposed by @tpr in this thread already long ago.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi,

I had this piece of code in my template file's head section, a fix for older IE browsers:

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
    <script src="<?=$config->urls->templates?>js/html5-3.6-respond-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
    <script src="<?=$config->urls->templates?>js/rem.min.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

EMO 1.2.2 inserted its own code inside the conditional comment which resulted in it not working properly (in browsers other than old IE, of course):

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<script>
var emo = emo || {};
emo.key = 'PDHeN7ZbGViB1m0ATUpc5rC3tY_8fgEqkl6dw2nMKQSLxWouahI.4vJFyOXzs9Rj';
</script>
	<script src="/site/templates/js/html5-3.6-respond-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
	<script src="/site/templates/js/rem.min.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

I don't know the exact way EMO determines where to place its code, but it should probably make sure its JS does not end up in any conditional comment.

Apart from that, thanks a lot for a very useful module.

Michael

the "enable Javascript" message is currently appearing in both Chrome and Safari for Mac in place of email addresses.

EMO is inserting into a conditional comment, as noted by Michael.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 12.41.49 PM.png

Hello @CalleRosa40 and @Brian Williamson!

And thanks for the notice!

The logic with EMO insert changed at 1.2.x update and I haven't got time to push the update yet so in a meantime please use the version 1.1.1 instead as it works without any issues. I'll try to find some time to fix the script insert to head ASAP!

https://github.com/BlowbackDesign/EmailObfuscation/releases/tag/1.1.1

• Like 2

Can also confirm that the latest version affects email addresses entered in a FormBuilder field, so the visitor gets an "Invalid content" error but can't see any reason why they should.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-04-06 -- SnipWire 0.8.6 (beta) released! Adds support for Snipcart subscriptions and also fixes some problems 2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By bernhard
      #######################
      Please use the new RockFinder2
      #######################
      WHY?
      This module was built to fill the gap between simple $pages->find() operations and complex SQL queries.
      The problem with $pages->find() is that it loads all pages into memory and that can be a problem when querying multiple thousands of pages. Even $pages->findMany() loads all pages into memory and therefore is a lot slower than regular SQL.
      The problem with SQL on the other hand is, that the queries are quite complex to build. All fields are separate tables, some repeatable fields use multiple rows for their content that belong to only one single page, you always need to check for the page status (which is not necessary on regular find() operations and therefore nobody is used to that).
      In short: It is far too much work to efficiently and easily get an array of data based on PW pages and fields and I need that a lot for my RockGrid module to build all kinds of tabular data.

Basic Usage

Docs & Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-finder/
      https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockFinder

Changelog
      180817, v1.0.6, support for joining multiple finders 180810, v1.0.5, basic support for options fields 180528, v1.0.4, add custom select statement option 180516, change sql query method, bump version to 1.0.0 180515, multilang bugfix 180513, beta release <180513, preview/discussion took place here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18983-rocksqlfinder-highly-efficient-and-flexible-sql-finder-module/
    • By MoritzLost
      TrelloWire
      This is a module that allows you to automatically create Trello cards for ProcessWire pages and update them when the pages are updated. This allows you to setup connected workflows. Card properties and change handling behaviour can be customized through the extensive module configuration. Every action the module performs is hookable, so you can modify when and how cards are created as much as you need to. The module also contains an API-component that makes it easy to make requests to the Trello API and build your own connected ProcessWire-Trello workflows.
      Features
      All the things the module can do for you without any custom code: Create a new card on Trello whenever a page is added or published (you can select applicable templates). Configure the target board, target list, name and description for new cards. Add default labels and checklists to the card. Update the card whenever the page is updated (optional). When the status of the card changes (published / unpublished, hidden / unhidden, trashed / restored or deleted), move the card to a different list or archive or delete it (configurable). You can extend this through hooks in many ways: Modifiy when and how cards are created. Modify the card properties (Target board & list, title, description, et c.) before they are sent to Trello. Create your own workflows by utilizing an API helper class with many convenient utility methods to access the Trello API directly. Feedback & Future Plans
      Let me know what you think! In particular:
      If you find any bugs report them here or on Github, I'll try to fix them. This module was born out of a use-case for a client project where we manage new form submissions through Trello. I'm not sure how many use-cases there are for this module. If you do use it, tell me about it! The Trello API is pretty extensive, I'll try to add some more helper methods to the TrelloWireApi class (let me know if you need anything in particular). I'll think about how the module can support different workflows that include Twig – talk to me if you have a use-case! Next steps could be a dashboard to manage pages that are connected to a Trello card, or a new section in the settings tab to manage the Trello connection. But it depends on whether there is any interest in this 🙂 Links
      Repository on Github Complete module documentation (getting started, configuration & API documentation) [Module directory pending approval] Module configuration

• By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots

• By Macrura
      PrevNextTabs Module
      Github: https://github.com/outflux3/PrevNextTabs
      Processwire helper modules for adding page navigation within the editor.
      Overview
      This is a very simple module that adds Previous and Next links inline with the tabs on the page editor. Hovering over the tab shows the title of the previous or next page (using the admin's built in jqueryUI tooltips.)
      Usage
      This module is typically used during development where you or your editors need to traverse through pages for the purpose of proofing, flagging and/or commenting. Rather than returning to the page tree or lister, they can navigate with these links.
      Warnings
      If you are using PW version 2.6.1 or later, the system will prevent you from leaving the page if you have unsaved edits.
      For earlier versions, to avoid accidentally losing changes made to a page that might occur if a user accidentally clicks on one of these, make sure to have the Form Save Reminder module installed.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/prev-next-tabs/