Module idea: flat listings

mindplay.dk

Just thought of a module I might want to build - just wanted to share the idea and see if anybody else would be interested.

The Page List tree-view is great for most things - but it's not necessarily the ideal interface for things that aren't structured.

For things that are just flat lists, I'd like to have a tabular admin interface - a grid view with columns, and eventually with sorting and filtering functions, though not necessarily in the first version.

I'd like to have an admin interface from which you can create table views as needed - e.g. give it a title, select the Template, select the parent Page, and optionally enter a custom selector.

Tabular views would be accessible from the "Pages" menu.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

I think this is a great idea. I agree that the Page List is great, but an alternate way of finding pages would be a really handy option for larger sites.

It would be nice to be able to choose which custom fields to show in the table view (chosen per template) and be able to filter the table on multiple criteria. In addition to custom fields, I suppose standard criteria drop-downs for criteria like Template, Published/Unpublished etc could be made available.

I'm thinking this could work well if criteria could be added how an email client typically handles email rules. Add criteria one at a time to build a powerful search. In the ExpressionEngine world, there's a really good module called Zenbu (http://zenbustudio.com/software/zenbu) that works this way.

-Brent