tinacious

Online directory of ProcessWire professionals

I was wondering if maybe the ProcessWire site could have a directory of contractors that work in ProcessWire kind of like how the ModX site has. I think it would be a great way to make connections and spread the word about ProcessWire.

• Like 1

I think it would be a great way to make connections and spread the word about ProcessWire.

For that we should start organizing local PW meetings each in his or hers country.

Well PW user group meetings aren't going to spread the word though, but UK and European meet-ups have been discussed before but haven't actually got as far as happening yet.

I believe a directory is on ryan's list somewhere (I might have imagined it, but I remember talking to someone about it months ago... maybe myself :D).

I agree, we need a directory. I will get around to building it eventually. But if anyone else is interested in taking on this project, just let me know. 

• Like 1

Since I asked, I'd love to be a part of making it. I'll contact you via private message.

I agree, we need a directory. I will get around to building it eventually. But if anyone else is interested in taking on this project, just let me know. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gosling
      Hi All,
      Our new agency has started using PW for a couple of client projects. We are looking for a good all round developer(s) that also can do some front end HTML styling as needed, although 99% of the time that will be provided.
      We have two projects that need immediate work, and then likely will have ongoing needs, so looking to build a good relationship with one or two devs.
      You can read more about our agency here: https://www.gosling.media
      If interested, please submit the form here: http://gds.li/jobs
      Thanks!

• By gebeer
      Hello,
      I have a situation were a user cannot logon to several different PW installs fromdifferent machines on his workplace network.
      Sometimes the initial logon is working but when navigating the PW backend he gets thrown out. Sometimes even the initial logon is not working and he is redirected too many times and the browser throws a redirection error.
      This points to PW loosing it's session. But the same sites are working fine when accessed from within other network environments.
      The user's workplace network has some pretty tight security (firewall) restrictions in place that prevent PW keeping it's session.
      I don't know enough about network security so I can't tell what exactly could cause that problem. I checked in the browser settings to make sure session cookies are allowed and there.
      Has anyone ever experienced issues like that and would there be a way to make PW keep it's session under these circumstances?
    • By prestoav
      Posting in the hope this helps someone out of a hole!
      Having built 20+ sites on PW in the last couple of years (and loving it...) I came across a really odd situation recently.  The client's IT company and I 've been battling for a couple of weeks and today, finally, we have an answer!
      The site is built and temporarily housed on a shared hosting account we have for development. All tested well here so Access was granted to the client to start adding content. 
      The next day I get a call from the client to say the admin side of the site is logging them out every 30-40 seconds and they have to log back in again each time to continue. I tested again from our office with their login but all worked as expected. Other browsers, PCs etc. were all tried by the client but the problem persisted.  So, I get in my car and drive to the client's site. Sure enough, I see the issue on one of their iMacs. So I open up my MBP, connect to their network, log in as them and the problem is there. So, next, I came off of their network and onto my tethered iPhone on 4G. Bingo! The problem goes away.
      So it's their network that's the issue.
      Their IT company were called and, with us helping them wherever possible, they worked on it for 2 weeks to find the problem. I captured the port numbers in use by PW admin (60992, 60993, 61000, 61001, 61002, 61003 by the way) and the IT company opened those ports on the router but still, the problem remained :-(
      And then the breakthrough...
      They have two VDSL lines into the building that feed their router through a load balancer. It seems that their setup meant that responses to outbound traffic did not necessarily come back in via the same line. Processwire admin does not like this!
      So, the IT company put in a rule to direct all traffic from the IP of the shared hosting through the same route in and out of the building and BOOM! it all works as expected. Phew!
      All's well that end's well but it certainly put us through the wringer tracking it down. Actually, I think it's pretty cool that PW does this. A good extra security measure. Several other CMSs (no names...) worked just fine with this scenario but not PW.
      Anyway, happy client, happy me. Hopefully, this story helps someone else here too.

• By carloswinkel
      Hi everyone! I'm Carlos, nice meeting ya all!
      I want to build a simple job board similar to https://weworkremotely.com, but with Paypal integration. Job submissions would only be posted after payment via Paypal.
      Is it possible to build it with ProcessWire? If so, could you please point me any tutorials, tips, anything that could help me getting start?

PW has been on my radar for a while now, and I'd love to be able to build this project with it!!?
    • By owl
      Processwire is an awesome CMS, and the community is the best (we all know that); my question is how about job prospects? Dice.com and Monster.com yields no demand for processwire.