Our little green Portfolio Website: www.typneun.de

typ9

Hey guys!

Our first PW project is online, finally: www.typneun.de

So, please do not look into the code TOO close - we are designers, not coders, OK? ;) We started to develop this little portfolio site about 2 years ago, but didn't find time to finish it. So it took nearly 1,5 years to get it done till oct 2012. That's why much stuff is not perfectly coded right now. The site was developed with static html-files - until tonight when I launched the PW-website.

Modules we are using:

procache

multilanguage/german

redirects

formbuilder (not yet, will come soon)

Actually this site was our second one on PW, but the first one is still in development and will go online in a few days. The experiences we made with this first site and the help I found in this forum made me switch to processwire for our own website. So, thanks to all of you guys!

Any ideas or criticism to make the site better? Comments are welcome... :)

• Like 10

Very slick!

I really like it.

Just one tiny thing - I was confused by the right Arrows > until I realised that they take you to the top of the page. Should they be Up arrows?

Rest is really nice.

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Thanks guys...

@Wanze: ah, yeah, I changed the directories, that is why the path doesn't work anymore. I'll go check it... (The image path should work now. And the cam will be online tomorrow. :))

@Joss: errr, which right arrows? 

Can you tell me something about the speed of our site? I know there are many big images in it, and the scripts aren't too lightweight either. So I would be interested in your impressions. Thanks a lot, guys!

Gretings Georgson,

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on the launch! Seems that ProcessWire helped you zoom to a great finish.

I like the site. The colors present a positive, active sensation throughout the site. The photos on all the slideshows are very professional.

I'm viewing the site on an iPad (I'll check from a desktop later). My only comment would be -- if possible -- to make each project a bit more distinct as you scroll down the page.

Thanks again for sharing,

Matthew

• Like 1

HI Georgson

As you scroll down, on the right hand side of each section, there is a Green square. You have a right angled bracket in it  > which looks like you can scroll through something, but in fact it takes you to the top or the page.

Nothing major, it just through me for a second.

Hey Joss... you can actually "scroll" through the project images...

there's also a little link that says "TOP" at the end of each project, maybe jQuery wasn't fully loaded or something...

Oh and Georgson, your website looks awesome and loads pretty fast for me too...

• Like 1

@Nicole: Thanks, that's good to know.

@Joss: mmmhhhh... I'm not sure why these buttons take you to the top of the page. They should work like Nicole wrote... Which browser, which system? Which resolution (maybe the mobile?) Thanks for your feedback...

My only comment would be -- if possible -- to make each project a bit more distinct as you scroll down the page.

Hi Matthew! Thanks for your comment. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll see what I can do. No ideas so far... :/

I really like your site Georgson, gives a very professional image of your company. I also enjoyed reading the German, makes me want to start relearning it!

Also: Did ProCache make a big difference to how your site loads?

Thanks. Yeah, my impression was yes, it makes a difference. Me and my colleague have the feeling, that the site actually loads faster than it did before when the pages were static html. We maybe wrong, but it really feels faster... :)

Great website. Really took some minutes to explore the content. Your texts are a pleasure to read. Have to bookmark the site as a good example.

And your loading speed is good. Not that typical overloaded jQuery page with megabytes of scripts and requests.

Another dead link:

http://www.typneun.de/leistungen/

Under the FAQ Question about the AGBs, your link to the AVG just throws a 404.

• Like 1

Great website. Really took some minutes to explore the content. Your texts are a pleasure to read. Have to bookmark the site as a good example.

And your loading speed is good. Not that typical overloaded jQuery page with megabytes of scripts and requests.

Another dead link:

http://www.typneun.de/leistungen/

Under the FAQ Question about the AGBs, your link to the AVG just throws a 404.

Thanks, Philipp. :)

And thanks again for the deadlink - just found another one - and fixed both of them now. 

• 1 year later...

I'm interested to know more about your webcam setup. Do you use a special software to send pics in certain intervals via FTP to the server? Was that bundled with the cam hardware, or some manual setup? Is the text over the image generated by that software too, or did you write a PHP script?