Module: Version Control For Text Fields

teppo

It seams to be working fine except that when is activated for a template, if that template contains image fields, after dragging and dropping the image, this module breaks the upload response and immediate image that was uploaded is not shown (instead is returned the return form inject function of this module).

Thanks, @adrianromega -- based on your description this was easy to track down, though I ended up trying couple of different fixes. Current version (1.3.3) fires inject() method only for GET requests, which seems to fix this issue for me.

Just for the record, another option was not to trigger it for AJAX requests, but I'm assuming that request method is safer bet here.

I'm using ProcessWire 2.3.0 with Languages Support module. I installed the latest version of this module (1.3.1), but when I try to configure the module, it returns an error:

"Method TemplatesArray::makeCopy does not exist or is not callable in this context"

Looks like I had accidentally introduced dependency to PW 2.4.0 with one of my earlier commits. Version 1.3.4, just pushed to GitHub, fixes this.. and again, thanks for reporting this, @homma!

• Like 2

Looks like I had accidentally introduced dependency to PW 2.4.0 with one of my earlier commits. Version 1.3.4, just pushed to GitHub, fixes this.. and again, thanks for reporting this, @homma!

Thank you very much for fixing this, @teppo! I replaced the module with version 1.3.4 and the configuration page worked fine.

But when I tried to save it, another error occurred.

Error: Exception: Method Modules::getInstall does not exist or is not callable in this context (in xxx/wire/core/Wire.php line 232)

Sorry to trouble you so many times, but would you tell me what to do to solve this?

@homma: sorry, that was another 2.4 dependency. It should be fixed now (just pushed updated version 1.3.5 to GitHub).

Had to change one $modules->getInstall() call to $modules->get(). No idea why I decided to use that in the first place, so this could have unwanted side-effects, but everything seems to work fine so far.

• Like 2

@homma: sorry, that was another 2.4 dependency. It should be fixed now (just pushed updated version 1.3.5 to GitHub).

Had to change one $modules->getInstall() call to $modules->get(). No idea why I decided to use that in the first place, so this could have unwanted side-effects, but everything seems to work fine so far.

Hello @teppo, I'm sorry for my late feedback. I installed the fixed (latest) version, and it's working nicely.

Thank you very much for the great module!

• Like 1

Hi Teppo, the 1.3.8 update, which fixes the admin/users access, does not show in the PW update system yet.

Thanks for the heads-up, it always takes a while and I tend to forget that. Should be OK by now, I hope :)

• 11 months later...

Ah ok, - now I understand. I should had read better the descriptions.

Version Control is the following Module of Version Control For Text Fields and replaces it. Version Control For Text Fields now is obsolete with PW 2.5+ and I should use Version Control also for one single Textfield.

Thanks @Mike_Anthony, you have read it more thoroughly!

Right, my bad -- never thought there would be two modules that do almost exactly the same thing.

Wish that wasn't necessary, but adding support for some of the "more advanced" features (like binary file versioning) to pre-2.4 PW just didn't seem feasible. Hooks that these features require aren't there, etc. All in all I just felt it was better to leave this module as-is (in case someone stuck with pre-2.4 PW needs limited version control features), fork it as a new VersionControl module for later PW versions, and get on with it :)

• Like 2