favorite programming music

Martijn Geerts

Well, bit of fun - and it is meant to be what I do as a living!

It is rather tatty, I am afraid, but I got the challenge at 7:58 on the 23rd feb from Diogo and got it finished and posted at 9:26 the same day - so I didn't have time to refine it!

Glad you liked it. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The cafe sound is exactly what I like :D

I work a lot on cafes, and when I'm at home or at the office the silence kills me... this actually works for me :)

Joss, you should come to Portugal if you like good coffee! But the sound of a café here wouldn't be good for this purpose, here they hit the portafilter really hard :)

Oh, don't worry. I have been.

Many years ago I spent a very enjoyable night arguing with a café owner over the best way to charcoal grill a steak.

I won!

But I did have to cook twenty steaks for his customers as a result and his kitchen was tiny and hot!

The next night I spent playing guitar, mixing the caustic local folk with some American folk/blues with some amazing singers who lived round there. They didn't speak any English and I didn't speak Portuguese, but it didn't seem to matter after several bottles of the local wine.

It was some where around Vale De Lobo, but this was many, many years ago and there was not much there - the villa estates had not yet been built. It was a lot poorer in the area, of course (this was the late seventies) but I bet it has lost a lot of its charms now, buried beneath golf courses!

• Like 2

Okay, the coffee at that café does not sound right - I prefer Illy....

Hey, Illy helps me get started every day in my own private cafe (aka Kitchen).  Luckily, there is a place here where we can get slightly out-of-date tins for just $4.00.

Thanks,

Matthew

post-802-0-86607500-1365525834_thumb.jpg

Hey, Illy helps me get started every day in my own private cafe (aka Kitchen).  Luckily, there is a place here where we can get slightly out-of-date tins for just $4.00.

I had to go get some coffee after seeing that photo. Just got this thing yesterday called an Aeropress. The guy that invented the Aerobee (frisbee) apparently locked himself away on a multi-year caffeine binge and came up with this clever device that supposedly makes the best coffee in the world. The coffee beans were just roasted from a place a block away from here, tasty. 

post-2-0-40448200-1365691536_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks NooseLadder, didn't know this. One of my favourite albums is "the Pixies Peel Session, that starts with an amazing version from "honey pie" from the Beatles. Not good for programming though ;)

I'm listening to my playlist for working on grooveshark http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Diogo2/29241870

Thanks NooseLadder, didn't know this. One of my favourite albums is "the Pixies Peel Session, that starts with an amazing version from "honey pie" from the Beatles. Not good for programming though ;)

I'm listening to my playlist for working on grooveshark http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Diogo2/29241870

Thanks for making me aware of Grooveshark. I've been on it ever since  O0

• Like 1