Bug Reports

bernhard

Hey @adrian I don't want to mess up your dedicated forum with bug reports that might hurt in everyone's eyes so I think it's better to have a single bug report topic. At least for me.

Here's the current one that I got after upgrading an old site from php 7.4 to 8.1:

PHP Deprecated: explode(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string) of type string is deprecated in .../site/modules/TracyDebugger/TracyDebugger.module.php:2157

I tried submitting the module config page and also a cookie+modules refresh but the error is still there.

Adding this to the top of findPageTemplateInCookie() fixes it:

if (!$cookie) return false;

• Like 2

Error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in Diagnostics Panel on remote server

Hey @adrian my server does not allow that function (and maybe others needed by the diagnostics panel). If you find time, would it be possible to wrap all those checks around try/catch ?

• Like 1

Hey @bernhard - the calls to that are already wrapped in a function_exists() so I am surprised that isn't enough - this is the first report I've had of an undefined function error.

https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/blob/0d88866516be43156c945b45c6cd77c664d79204/panels/DiagnosticsPanel.php#L1201

Can you figure out why that check is failing for you?

• Like 1

Thx @adrian and sorry for not providing the line numbers! The problem is on line 1330 and this fixes it for me:

protected function getPHPUser($full = true) {
        if(function_exists('posix_geteuid') and function_exists('posix_getpwuid')) {
            $pwu_data = posix_getpwuid(posix_geteuid());
            if($pwu_data) $username = $pwu_data['name'];
        }

added "and function_exists ..."

• Like 1

Ah, thank you - I did a quick scan for function_exists checks around all occurrences of posix_getpwuid but missed that one because of the check for posix_geteuid - my eyes didn't see the difference.

Fixed in the latest version.

PS - yes, feel free to add new threads for bug reports - would definitely be preferable.

12 hours ago, adrian said:

Fixed in the latest version.

Thx!

12 hours ago, adrian said:

PS - yes, feel free to add new threads for bug reports - would definitely be preferable.

Ok if you prefer that I'll do single threads 🙂 

• 2 months later...

Not sure what caused this but i seem to have these entries in the modules table with a period, and seem to be causing some error notices in the modules screen.

1576248667_ScreenShot2023-07-22at10_49_07AM.thumb.png.4a5cd526757cf304f93e340f3d12cefa.png

1021183639_ScreenShot2023-07-22at10_19_38AM.thumb.png.9a1feb67b2dd823d59a14aec436d6d8a.png

Deleting those rows does solve the issue; Posting here in case someone else runs into this. Seems to have been caused by some upgrade/downgrade process of the core.