Safari 16.4 keeps logging out

ttttim

I've recently updated my MacBook but now safari keeps logging out the CMS. And most of the times after trying to log back in i get an error This request was aborted because it appears to be forged. The session log is not reporting the logout so I suspect it has something to do with safari not reading the session files? 

Anybody got a workaround?

@ttttim Is it possible that new version of Safari is swapping around stuff in the useragent string? You might try setting $config->sessionFingerprint = false; temporarily in your /site/config.php file, just to see if that's the source of it. 

I would also try logging in from a new "Private" window in Safari, to see if might be cache/cookies like Bernhard mentioned. 

• Like 2

@ryan Browsing private does seem to fix the issue, but deleting all cache and cookies for normal browsing does not. 

Setting the sessionFingerprint to false doesn't work. The problem only seem to kick in ben loading data with Ajax so loading pages, repeaters and modals.

It seem something related to what @ErikMH faced recently, (see: this thread) and as funny thing I had the exactly same behavior on Windows / Chrome on the next morning, it was working with an incognito window, and got it working again by cleaning windows with the standard clean tool, a run of CCleaner. and a reboot.

It maybe worth trying CCleaner in first instance, and maybe a Safari reset (from the menu). Please keep us updated.

The weird part is that i have so far 3 website's that are facing these problems. And not just on my computer but clients had the same problems. The steps i already took:

• Use:  $config->sessionFingerprint = false;
  • Use: Session Handler Database
  • Clear: cookies and cache
  • Disable: all module

Other website's with the same PW version are not having any trouble. The hard part is that i can't find any errors in the logs. The logs are not recording the loggin out. Debug isn't giving any error i'm simply just logged out. The Randomness drives me a bit crazy. Anyone has any leads to vinding the issue?

Have you tried what I suggested?

Also, giving more details on the the type of hosting could help, as you are saying the client is also facing the issue, then the reason could be a system update on the hosting side.

I say that because I remember I fixed this issue on a site of @pwired years ago after an update of Plesk on his hosting provider.

The whole thread is:  

Edited by flydev
Thread référence
  • Like 1