Icon associated with templates

Sara

Hello, I am new in this community in using Processwire CMS.

While I was finalizing my website with all the php files and css, scripts included...
I noticed in the admin that the previously displayed icons on the left side of the pages has stopped to work.
To be precise, prior to the event I have selected icon associated with some templates and pages (using this template) and they have always diplayed the left icon in the View List of the /processwire/page/.

I really like the icons that comes with the title of the page. But I don't know how to make them return again.
Is this has to do with some setting that I changed without noticing?

Immagine 2023-03-31 104949.png

You can take a look into the Template configuration, under Setup > Templates, and search for the template name of the page you want to configure to display an icon in the page tree. Now, in the template configuration, search for the Icon option, it might be closed down so search a bit for it, in most recent ProcessWire version it's placed in the initial tab.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 6:49 AM, elabx said:

You can take a look into the Template configuration, under Setup > Templates, and search for the template name of the page you want to configure to display an icon in the page tree. Now, in the template configuration, search for the Icon option, it might be closed down so search a bit for it, in most recent ProcessWire version it's placed in the initial tab.

Thank you sir for the help.

• Like 1

Sorry, my explanation wasn't sufficient. My icons are there since I added them by myself.
So thank you for the instruction but I wanted to say in my previous message, that they disappeared suddenly. And this I discovered later that it was caused by a module. After I removed the module all pages returned with their assigned icons.
Just for inform you guys I found the cause and now the task is completed. Thank you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, flydev said:

@Sara Which module was the culprit?

Is a good module overall, I purposely obmitted the name but-- I am still using it, so no problem beside that it will leave out the icons associated with my templates. There is a way to give the information directly to you instead of publicly?

On 4/30/2023 at 8:16 AM, Sara said:

Is a good module overall, I purposely obmitted the name but-- I am still using it, so no problem beside that it will leave out the icons associated with my templates. There is a way to give the information directly to you instead of publicly?

Can you contact the module's author or maintener or raise an issue on Github ?

10 hours ago, Sara said:

I don't think there's any shame in mentioning it publicly, or maybe just do it directly in the modules support's thread. 

On 5/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, elabx said:

I don't think there's any shame in mentioning it publicly, or maybe just do it directly in the modules support's thread. 

Yes I will do that contacting the module's author or maintener! I will updates in here again.. when I have more information of #PageListBetterLabels.
Sorry my little knowledge... I cound't gave a proper explanation. I really like this complementary module as it is unique.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sara said:

Sorry my little knowledge... I cound't gave a proper explanation. I really like this complementary module as it is unique.

Don't mind, come back as many times with as many doubts as you have. 

Yes there are amazing modules put out by the community!

• Like 2