Select page by last repeater item?

theoretic

Hi friends! And thanks for Processwire!

I have an interesting question concerning selectors. Let's suppose we have an "inventory" template with "owner" repeater holding all users who owned this inventory. The last repeater item represents the current owner. Is there any possibility to select an inventory page by some data contained in its last owner repeater item? Some pseudocode to clarify what i want:

//getting inventory recently owned by different users by currently owned by current user

$myInventoryPage = $pages->get("template=inventory,owners(last).id={$user->id}");

Using owners.id is not an option here because the "owner" repeater may contain the current user in any position, not the last one. Thanks in advance for any idea!

I don't think you can do that in a selector, but you could add a hidden "owner" field to the "inventory" template and then populate that on page save with the value from the last repeater item.

So if "owners" is the repeater field and "owner" is a Page Reference field within the repeater that stores a user...

$pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) {
	/* @var Page $page */
	$page = $event->arguments(0);
	if($page->template == 'inventory') {
		$page->owner = $page->owners->last()->owner;
	}
});

Then you can easily find pages like this:

$myInventoryPage = $pages->get("template=inventory, owner=$user");

• Like 2