Can't login, no error, no message, /processwire url POST gives 404 in the network panel

joe_g

Hi there, I updated an older version and now I can't login. I suspect it has to do with the .htaccess somehow, since the POST gives a 404 somehow (which reloads the /processwire url somehow - not sure how that works to be honest).

I had it happen a couple of times in the past but never really got a grip on why and how to fix it. I could reinstall PW and import the install, possibly, but hoping for a simpler solution

thanks!

Hi, you should tell us the older and newer version, and in the meantime, you can verify that the file .htaccess is there, and then edit the file at rule # 8. Enable Apache mod_rewrite (required) by uncommenting the line `# RewriteBase /

Ah yes, I updated from 3.0.165 to 3.0.210.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't make a difference. What happens is that the POST (with the login credentials) to the /processwire url gives a 404, which is strange since it's posted from /processwire.

Make a backup of everything before going further then, replace old `index.php` by the new `index.php`, make sure the new `.htaccess` is also there.

Also, you can check the name of you admin page in the db:

image.png.34d333470cd4ba32e0c55c9ae9db08c6.png

And reading logs on site/assets/logs might give some hints.

Edited by flydev
screenshot