MySQL Timeout issues after migration

bramwolf

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to migrate a website thats been running smoothly online for a long time but cannot for the life of me seem to get it right on the new server. I migrated all the files, created the new database and set it in the config file. The site loads, allows me to log in and so on but there is the problem that every page loads extremely slow and that pages that require bigger queries from the database timeout every time with this error:

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

I've tried to migrate this site to two different hosting services by now and always run into the same problems. What could be happening here? I simply cannot think of a reason why a site would work perfectly fine and work this slowly and poorly after migration. Any thoughts?

Any help would be much appreciated. Would be willing to pay for help if anyone feels like diving in.

Thanks 🙂
Bram Wolf