[Solved] field dependencies don´t properly work when the reference field is using access control for certain user groups

maetmar

Hi,

I have two users. One is an admin (myself) and then a "normal" user, which is my customer using the backend to edit content.

In my templates, I have one field "layout_options", which is from type "select options" where I can toggle with checkboxes the visibility of some other fields (headlines, texts, images, etc.). 
On those other fields I, which I want to toogle with this switch, I simply use this feature described here:
https://processwire.com/docs/fields/dependencies/

This all works fine and looks like the following screenshot.
I actually use this to prepare the available elements in a repeater matrix block and I also use it in the template files to check if a specific layout option should be dispalyed or not.

image.thumb.png.3649f0b200be932fa58117156e44d09a.png

Later the actual content should be entered by the user, who is not an admin.
To avoid that the user changes the "layout options", I want to hide or better just make this "layout_options" field "read-only" for the normal user.
This is to prevent he is messing around with the layouts and add stuff, which he is not supposed to do.

It also works to do this by using the respsective settings in the access control of the field "layout_options".
However, and now I come to my issue, when I do this and hide it or make it read-only, then also the field dependencies don´t work properly anymore - see below:

image.thumb.png.894f939aa29f432cc448cd8d58cbe11c.png

I played around with all settings in the access control for the field "layout options", but nothing works. 

Any idea how to solve this?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • maetmar changed the title to [Solved] field dependencies don´t properly work when the reference field is using access control for certain user groups