Updating an old site (3.0.62)

Inxentas

Hi guys, I have a few really old sites that never received their updates. ProcessWire version 3.0.62.

Now I can install the ProcessWireUpgrade module and run it, but I get some errors:

Method AdminThemeDefault::getClass does not exist or is not callable in this context

And that's logical considering how old these sites are. At the time we created them, Reno was the default Admin Theme. I have tried installing AdminUIKit by coping a (recent) module into /wire, which gave me another error. I've tried putting the module in /sites, same error.

Error installing module - AdminThemeUikit

Failed to construct module: ProcessWire\AdminThemeUikit - Method AdminThemeUikit::setClasses does not exist or is not callable in this context

---

I have a feeling PW is trying to run a method on the current admin theme, which doesn't exist because it's only in the new admin theme. Can I somehow fix this and update the websites?

Following steps:

• Download the latest stable version of PW here
  • Unzip the files
  • Rename index.php > index_new.php and wire folder to wire_new
  • Upload the files via FTP to your website root folder
  • Rename ./index.php to ./.BAK.index.php and ./wire/ to ./.BAK.wire/ on server side
  • Rename ./index_new.php > ./index.php and ./wire_new/ to ./wire/
  • Refresh the whole site > you maybe forced to relogin.
  • Reload the modules by clicking the button on example.com/processwire/modules/ in the upper right corner
  • After that you could use the ProcessWireUpgrade module to upgrade the other modules.

Steps are also documented here: https://processwire.com/docs/start/install/upgrade/ if you have troubles have a look right here: https://processwire.com/docs/start/install/troubleshooting/#troubleshooting-upgrades

Cheers 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...