Magazine examples made with PW?

heldercervantes

Seasons Greetings to you all!

I'm wondering, does anyone know of a good online magazine powered by processwire? Like a proper magazine with sections, articles, tags, featured articles, related articles and all that? Think stuff like https://www.archdaily.com/ or https://www.designboom.com/

I'm in that lovely position of trying to convince someone who's thinking wordpress to build their site properly.

• Haha 1

Two years ago I have been working on two magazines. Both share a one instance of Processwire. I had to programme my own domain based queries. There are articles, categories, featured articles cotegory dependent (and time dependent) and also some scheduleable ads places.

Articles can be shown on both sites.

• Like 7

You can check out the blog module. It will handle the article content and related info.
As far as the front-end looking like other magazine layouts, there are numerous free magazine html/css templates and more paid templates. You may want to consider a paid template. The free templates look like free templates. 🙂

3 hours ago, rick said:

You can check out the blog module. It will handle the article content and related info.
As far as the front-end looking like other magazine layouts, there are numerous free magazine html/css templates and more paid templates. You may want to consider a paid template. The free templates look like free templates. 🙂

If accessibility and avoiding lawsuits matters, I'd avoid going that route.  I spoke with a developer friend recently whose client got hit with an accessibility lawsuit.  They then had a special accessibility firm audit and maintain the website.  Sometime afterwards they got hit with 2 more accessibility lawsuits, although they were thrown out.  This might be mainly a US phenomenon however... gotta keep those lawyers busy!

UIkit pushed a big update today that (finally) addresses a lot of accessibility issues.

• Like 2