SelectOptions with integer values

Clarity

Hello everyone!

I have SelectOptions field which is supposed to contain integer values for the purpose of using them in selector and compare with other integer values like this:

$pages->find('select_options.value>' . $integer)

For example, I have SelectOptions like this:

1=5|title1
2=20|title2
3=40|title3
4=60|title4
5=85|title5

So I get that values are being strings and I can't compare them with some other value. Can you please tell me how to handle it if it is possible with SelectOptions?

I suggest replacing your Select Options field with a Page Reference field. The template for the page items would contain an integer field.

My experience is that when deciding between a Select Options field and Page Reference field, the page field is the one you want 90% of the time because pages are so much more powerful and flexible than select options. Even if the needs are simple to begin with, a page field is more future-proof. The Page Field Select Creator module makes the field setup a breeze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Robin S said:

I suggest replacing your Select Options field with a Page Reference field. The template for the page items would contain an integer field.

My experience is that when deciding between a Select Options field and Page Reference field, the page field is the one you want 90% of the time because pages are so much more powerful and flexible than select options. Even if the needs are simple to begin with, a page field is more future-proof. The Page Field Select Creator module makes the field setup a breeze.

Thank you, it indeed works.

15 hours ago, DV-JF said:
inval($integer)

or

(int)$integer

Just use the code above 🙃

Thank you, but the select option values are still being stored as a string and $integer is already an int and doesn't need conversion.