SQLite full text search

elabx

I have found that SQLite has full text search and it is quite fast! I built a couple million rows table and i'm very impressed!! Has anyone had any experience implementing this either in ProcessWire or in another context?

I've been working with sqlite on an embedded project for the last few years, though not using the FTS. It's generally faster than client/server databases just by the nature of its implementation. It also hardly suffers from N+1 queries and other common pitfalls. It would certainly be interesting to see how it could work beneight processwire, but really sqlite is a different beast with a lot of different tradeoffs to other databases, even if many people (looking at laravel or rails using sqlite for tests) think switching databases doesn't come with costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

It would certainly be interesting to see how it could work beneight processwire

I can at least envision a module filling up a full text search table on a page save hook! Could be pretty useful to have at hand if budget doesn't cover an ElasticSearch/Lucene/Meiliseach instance. Which is my current scenario lol