Does the Forum Search on this site seem to be broken for anyone else?

rastographics

Hi, I'm struggling to find answers in the forum recently. 

It seems like no matter WHAT my search term is, this screenshot is always the first results (sorted by Relevancy).

I'm trying to find documentation on the Custom Page Classes most recently. But any search I do that has the word page anywhere in it, brings up these exact results for me, even when I use a bunch of different terms in addition to "page".

Am I just going crazy or is anyone else noticing these posts always at the top of your searches?

image.thumb.png.cad20e874b16783cbf215f55a7de36f9.png

Something definitely up. I noticed when searching blog posts for "custom page types", that it returns over 250 results. Going through the first couple pages of results, I don't see any that talk about custom page types.

Try doing a search just for "hello"...it returns a ton of blog posts that don't include the word "hello" anywhere in their content.

https://processwire.com/search/?q=hello&t=Blog

3 hours ago, rastographics said:

I'm trying to find documentation on the Custom Page Classes most recently. But any search I do that has the word page anywhere in it, brings up these exact results for me, even when I use a bunch of different terms in addition to "page".

The forum search supports specific syntaxes depending on how you want multiple words searched, and there are expandable search options too. It explains some of the options after you do a search.

image.png.bd3233215190b3fa15e3d363ed0c5c5d.png

image.thumb.png.3a4abd4b11fe4d9f665c0890bdb62ee3.png

3 hours ago, rastographics said:

Something definitely up. I noticed when searching blog posts for "custom page types", that it returns over 250 results.

That's an unrelated search feature. The forum is powered by IP.Board and the blog posts are powered by ProcessWire.

10 hours ago, zoeck said:

I actually always use Google to search the forum 😉 just add "site:processwire.com/talk"

Example:

Thank you! the results are night and day better this way.
This extension works great for doing site-specific searches through google:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-the-current-site/jliolpcnkmolaaecncdfeofombdekjcp?hl=en

For the sake of those newer to PW community, I hope there's a way in the near future the built-in search on the site can get results more similar to google's