How do I ADD a blog to my website without turning it into a blog? 

Boost

Hi,

The solutions that I have found so far are for people who want to use PW as a blog. That's not my case. I want to build a website with hundreds of static pages and a blog section with different categories.

What are your setup suggestions for that?

Thanks

Hi,

by “static pages” do you mean statically served HTML files generated outside of ProcessWire? Or do you want to add a blog to an existing ProcessWire site? I see you’ve been here for several months, so I’m assuming you’re somwhat familiar with PW. It should be a breeze to get a blog going. At its barest, it’s just a template with a title and a body field. For categories, there are different approaches you can go with, depending on how structured you want your data to be. Some blogs just have free-form textual tags, some have fixed categories that work like subdirectories, or anything in-between. Is there anything in particular you’re thinking about?

• Like 1

I've been on and off with PW. The thing is that I want to move our site, which is on Webflow, to PW. I got through all the pages; the last thing now is the blog. Webflow has a "CMS" feature that is separate from the static pages. I would like to have something similar to it. I'm playing with the module ProcessBlog by @kongondo. It seems to be exactly what I need, but the plugin hasn't been updated for a while. I'm wondering if there are any that I need to be aware of if I want to use that.