ProcessBatcher

Wanze

Hi owzim

Thanks!

I see your point but I think this sort of functionality is hard to implement for a general, simple solution.

There are lot's of possible fields of different size. Displaying them below each other - it becomes the same as creating

a normal page and fill out the fields there. That's not really 'batch-creating' then IMO.

Check out niks After save actions module which lets you create a new page after saving.

If you have the need to let your users batch-create pages with a defined template, I'd go with a Process module.

You could build a form with the required fields and then create the pages with the API.

• Like 2

There are lot's of possible fields of different size. Displaying them below each other - it becomes the same as creating

a normal page and fill out the fields there. That's not really 'batch-creating' then IMO.

You are right, my request might be beyond/off the scope of your module. Thank you for the other suggestions, will definitely check them out.

• Like 1

You are right, my request might be beyond/off the scope of your module. Thank you for the other suggestions, will definitely check them out.

I've been using this module to fill in a database of movies lately. Lets just say that there are "quite a few" of them and it's a lot of work. My point here is that since I happened to need a few custom fields that were always there, I modified module source just enough to include those -- no need for a generic option, just couple of lines of PHP and voilà: inserting movies just got a lot easier!

I'm sure this is not what you were looking for there, just wanted to point out that modifying code of this module like that is quite easy to do and can save a lot of time if you're facing importing a lot of data by hand. That's one benefit of free software / open source, you know..  ;)

• Like 2

I've been using this module to fill in a database of movies lately. Lets just say that there are "quite a few" of them and it's a lot of work. My point here is that since I happened to need a few custom fields that were always there, I modified module source just enough to include those -- no need for a generic option, just couple of lines of PHP and voilà: inserting movies just got a lot easier!

I'm sure this is not what you were looking for there, just wanted to point out that modifying code of this module like that is quite easy to do and can save a lot of time if you're facing importing a lot of data by hand. That's one benefit of free software / open source, you know..  ;)

I actually do that all the time, modifying jQuery plugins. But it always feels awkward and wrong to hack plugins/modules or even the core. But yeah, in this your this is a one time thing, since you would not modify the module for the actual live site but for the import process. But in your case you might even be better off using the api or the csv import module, no?

• 1 month later...

I actually do that all the time, modifying jQuery plugins. But it always feels awkward and wrong to hack plugins/modules or even the core. But yeah, in this your this is a one time thing, since you would not modify the module for the actual live site but for the import process. But in your case you might even be better off using the api or the csv import module, no?

You can always make a copy of a particular module, rename it and install it as a different module so you can change its functionality without losing the original or losing your changes if/when the original is updated. There is at least one thread in the forum on the subject but I can't find it just now, even thru Google.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for this great module. This was I need. (And thanks to user @titanium for his recomendation)
I'd like to see in future versions, some default filters for non-technical user as generally are our clients, such as user @raydale suggested.
Best regards
Fernando

• 1 month later...

Feature Request ;-)

It would really handy if the Batcher url under Setup was resource-oriented and stored the submitted Selector in the URL. That way you could bookmark the selectors that you reuse most often, or share very specific lists of content to team members etc simply by sharing a URL. 

-Brent

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ProcessBatcher is in my 'site/modules' folder but doesn't show up, not in 'modules' nor 'setup'.

Logged in as Superuser PW 2.3. Checked for new modules, logged out & in again, all to no avail...

Is ProcessBatcher directory directly under site/modules or is the directory structure deeper than that? Just making sure as there's a built-in limit to directory depth, though this isn't something you'll usually need to worry about.

One thing you might want to try, even though checking for new modules should already handle this, is to remove all Modules* files from your /site/assets/cache/ just to make sure that module list is properly updated.

• Like 2

ProcessBatcher is in site/modules. I removed all Modules files from the site/assets/cache. Went to the admin modules page and ProcessBatcher was in the list so I happily clicked 'install. Then this happened:

Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged.

The logged error says:

2013-09-30 05:44:31    ?    http://www.birthfactdeathcalendar.net/?/    Error:     Call to a member function getLoadQueryAutojoin() on a non-object (line 309 of /wire/core/Pages.php)

And now the complete website, admin and public are unavailable....

I just replaced the wire folder with a new one because of a previous error....

Just a quick note: similar error is mentioned here, though in a slightly different context, so it might not necessarily be related to this issue at all. Still based on that thread it'd be nice to know a) which PHP version you have and b) are you using a cloud hosting platform or some other "regular" hosting, ie. typical web hotel or VPS?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You should be able to use has_parent=/root-parent/, replacing 'root-parent' with the name of your root parent page. That's assuming that you want to match all pages that live within the root parent and their children, etc. If you just want children of that root parent, then you'd do parent=/root-parent/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This module is great. And when you see something like that you start dreaming of more and more...

I used Batcher to create a list of new pages. Could it be possible to import actual list of page titles (one title one line) in some textarea and get those new page inputs populated with those? We should choose a template for all those somehow too... Maybe make the "title" field in crete tab a textarea and apply all the other settings to the list (name autogenerated)?

Thank you for the timesaver anyway.