ProcessBatcher

Wanze

Could it be possible to import actual list of page titles (one title one line) in some textarea and get those new page inputs populated with those? We should choose a template for all those somehow too... Maybe make the "title" field in crete tab a textarea and apply all the other settings to the list (name autogenerated)?

This module might be useful for you:

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/batch-child-editor/

Use the Create/Overwrite mode.

• Like 1

Thank you! Both ways should work. Adrians module seems faster to use in my case as it does not require preparing csv file. But it has some complexities in working with. You cannot add a list of pages to a page which already has children with subchildren. Or maybe i am getting it wrong. I will ask in the apropriate thread, if you don't mind, Adrian.

Great to have many ways to go.

You're right about the sub/grand children issue with that module when in create/overwrite mode, but if you switch to edit mode you can still quickly add new pages in this scenario. But, yes we should take this conversation over here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6102-batch-child-editor/ now. I'd be happy to modify the module if you have suggestions for improvements that would help your workflow without compromising the need to protect from accidental data loss.

• 9 months later...

This module stated that it is not compatible with PW2.5 but so far haven't seen any issue with ProcessWire 2.5.21 dev.

I'm sure i'm not the only one using this module so updating the compatiblity with 2.5 looks fairly save to me.

Thank for this awesome module.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO this awesome module demands one more action - "Change Field".

Mass field change is smth that I do 100x more often than lets say mass template change.

Currently I have to PHP each new mass field change task.

Just wondering - how do you solve this problem currently?

• 1 month later...

FYI, tried this on 2.6 the other day. I wanted to delete thousands of pages (finding them by the template name). It didn't seem to do anything. I got it done with a script and didn't go back to investigate but I thought I'd ask if it ought to be able to do that.

• 5 months later...

The "toggle all" checkbox doesn't seem to be working.

I had a play around with the JS and changing

$('input.toggle_all').click(function()...

to

$(document).on('click', 'input.toggle_all', function()...

seemed to do the trick.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

On a fresh installed PW 2.7 I added a few pages and subpages to the tree. I installed the Batcher module and used it to batch unpublish or publish pages selected by template=basic-page. No problems so far.

But now I made a mistake. Having found that the pages I wanted to unpublish all had an ID greater than 1013, I tried the selector id>1013. Obviously some pages related to the Batcher module matched this selector and went unpublished too. The link to the Batcher module (that was in the menu Setup before) had disappeared, so I could not use it anymore.

Now I tried to uninstall Batcher and reinstall it. I got this error message:

Unable to install module 'ProcessBatcher': SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'batcher-22' for key 'name_parent_id'

So my questions are:
Is this an incompatibility of the Batcher module with PW 2.7?
And, more important: What can I do?

If you've unpublished the batcher's admin page, so it can probably not be cleanly uninstalled, so the page remains. On reinstall it's trying to recreate the still existing admin site and that fails. Just make sure you remove this page (Admin>Setup>Batcher) before reinstalling the module.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello

Is anyone using the Batcher Module successfully in Processwire 3.07?

I'm trying to change the template on several pages and the Actions... link at the foot of the page doesn't appear to be working. I've tried on Firefox and Chrome in Windows and Safari on OSX and it's the same result in each browser.

John

I've just noticed that on my Macbook the version of Processwire is 3.03 but batcher still not working in that version either.

Edited by kongondo
moved your thread to Batcher's official support forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ottogal,

Sorry for my late response. I currently don't have time to update Batcher, at least not for the next month. The module needs a rewrite because a lot changed since this was released, for example:

• Native support of ProcessWire's modal
  • Make use of InputfieldSelector to build the selector strings

I hope to update the module at the end of may, but since I don't know the release date of Pw 3 I can't promise... unless someone else takes over.

Cheers

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 28/04/2016 at 4:04 AM, Wanze said:

I hope to update the module at the end of may, but since I don't know the release date of Pw 3 I can't promise... unless someone else takes over.

No pressure, but eagerly looking forward to using Batcher in PW3. In PW2 it was my go-to module for quick and easy bulk deletion of pages generated during site testing. Lister Pro can do that too but needs more clicks.

On 28/04/2016 at 4:04 AM, Wanze said:

Make use of InputfieldSelector to build the selector strings

Please keep the option of typing a selector too. :)

• Like 2