Front-end changes not propagating (and new templates not found)

reed

Hey y'all, having a confusing morning over here. 

I use SSH to push template changes to arthistoryproject.com, and this morning I push and get this error:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.

So I look up the issue, and it sounds like its usually triggered just by some server side change, and you basically just have to delete your .known_hosts file and then re-accept the server to the list of known hosts. I do that, and now I can push edits to my templates again, but now I can't see the updates on the live site. The updated template files are viewable in dreamhost's WebFTP, but PW isn't using them? So I turn off all my caching (procache and cloudflare) and while the live site will show changes to stuff like page titles and content, the templates don't show my latest changes. 

To further test things, I created a new template folder, pushed it to Dreamhost via SSH, and when I try to "add new template" in PW, I get the "No new template files were found in: /site/templates/*.php" error. 

I have no idea what's going on, and any thoughts, ideas, fixes, or well-wishes would be much appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Maybe a user permissions issue? It has happened to me that if the system user running the server cannot write the compiled processwire files (if compiled is turned on) it all fails. Though I do get warning in the processwire admin which you don't mention. 

• Like 1

Ahoy! Turns out Dreamhost updated my VPN and changed my hostname and dedicated IP, and I didn't get the email where they let me know those facts 🙂 Still took some figuring out to get things working with Cloudflare again, but it's all working again, and as usual, none of the issues were Processwire's fault! Thanks @elabx for jumping in! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...