Setup of a site with two separate parts / pages

kaz

I have a company that is divided into two parts. I'm thinking about how to set up the site.

My present idea is:
The landing page (ID 1) with a landing template / page which links to two sub-pages. Subpage 1 is Part 1 of the company, Subpage 2 is Part 2 of the company. Each part has a separate root page / template, with its own menu. I then have to align the menu to the template?

Each part has its own URL, but I don't have a solution. I think I will simply redirect one of the URLs via 301.

How would you setup this situation?

A sketch for better understanding:

KREiIh7.png

Aren't these actually two separate websites that have nothing to do with each other, Apart from a common landing page?

Or should page 1 be able to access data from page 2? (this is not clear from your graphic)

Or just have a look at the multi site support: https://processwire.com/docs/more/multi-site-support/
(but I don't think you need that at all?)

38 minutes ago, zoeck said:

Or should page 1 be able to access data from page 2? (this is not clear from your graphic)

@zoeck No, not necessarily.

41 minutes ago, zoeck said:

Or just have a look at the multi site support: https://processwire.com/docs/more/multi-site-support/

I have no experience with it. I also think (as you write) that is too much?

Hi,

if your urls will look like
yourdomain/company1
yourdomain/company2
you can simply reproduce your sketch with pw page structure

but if each company must have its own domain name i think the multisite solution, even if a little "too much" 🙂 will be the best solution to avoid those 301 you're speaking about (savage and headaches to come 🙂 ) and for a better SEO

have a nice day

1 hour ago, kaz said:

@zoeck No, not necessarily.

I have no experience with it. I also think (as you write) that is too much?

I think if the sites should not access the same data, then it is best to use 2 individual installations.

This way you are most flexible and you can use processwire "normally" 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoeck said:

I think if the sites should not access the same data, then it is best to use 2 individual installations.

This way you are most flexible and you can use processwire "normally"

if I do two installations: what do I do with the "root – selection-page"? With each installation the selection in page ID1? That would be an internal, and an external link to the second URL.