Tags to Folders

monollonom

TagsToFolders

Github: https://github.com/eprcstudio/TagsToFolders
Modules directory: https://processwire.com/modules/tags-to-folders/

This is a small helper tool to visually organise fields/templates into folders in the menu when they are tagged.

1282375665_Screenshot2023-01-14at23_08_35.thumb.png.1cf976d7c9c2cecff81138eb001ec6a6.png

This is a simple module that can help you declutter your templates/fields menu by organising them in folders using tags. I initially envisionned this module to be used for cases where fields and/or templates were created by modules and thus not polute the ones created by the user.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

• 11 months later...

Wouldn't it be better to use InputfieldTextTags instead of the boring select field? That has search capabilities already and when having a lot of fields typing is for sure faster than browsing with the mouse 🙂 Fields could still be prefixed with the tag, for example something like [RockCommerce] Price

screen_shot_2021-04-30_at_2_24_18_pm.120

• Like 1

But then you lose the ability to contextually edit the field or set the column width, though I agree InputfieldTextTags has a great UX and I try to use it whenever I can. There could be an equivalent to InputfieldPageAutocomplete for fields but I always feel it’s way slower than text tags...

2 hours ago, monollonom said:

are you saying something like this?

... well, more like the indented (conditional) dropdown in the setup menu, otherwise you still have lots of scrolling. TextTags also saves lots of scrolling, as @bernhardsays. Needs a bit more though before making a feature request. BTW @monollonom, I think your module should be in the core!

Maybe the best quick solution is to install SelectizeAll by @Robin S

• Like 2