Help with hook

Flashmaster82

I wan´t to change the parent page date when a child is added 1sek - 3 min left of the date/time.

$wire->addHookAfter('Pages::added', function(HookEvent $event) {
   $page = $event->arguments(0);

$pageparentdate = $page->parent->auction_end_date;

$parentdateminusstart = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($pageparentdate . ' - ' . "3" . ' minutes'));
    $parentdateminusend = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($pageparentdate));

if($page->template != 'auction-bid, auction_bid_date>=$parentdatestart, auction_bid_date<=$parentdateend') return;

$parent = $page->parent;
    $parentdate = $parent->auction_end_date;
    $parentdateadded = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($parentdate . ' + ' . "3" . ' minutes'));

$parent->setAndSave('auction_end_date', $parentdateadded);

});

Parent template= auction-page

Child template=auction-bid

End date field = auction_end_date

The code is working but i don´t know how to do with the date. 3 min > enddate.

If i use this

if($page->template != "auction-bid, auction_bid_date>=$parentdateminusstart, auction_bid_date<=$parentdateminusend") return;

It will not work, but if i remove the date variables then it will work. So something is wrong with it.. hmm

if($page->template != "auction-bid") return;

Should i place the variables elsewhere?

13 hours ago, Flashmaster82 said:
   if($page->template != "auction-bid, auction_bid_date>=$parentdateminusstart, auction_bid_date<=$parentdateminusend") return;

Sorry, I somehow overlooked this line. You can’t compare $page->template to this string because it is not a valid template name. The line will always return because the condition can never be true.

I think you probably want this:

if (!$page->matches("template=auction-bid, auction_bid_date>={$parentdateminusstart}, auction_bid_date<={$parentdateminusend}"))
    return; //only continue if the added bid’s auction_bid_date is less than 3 minutes before the parent’s auction_end_date.

See https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/matches/.

• Thanks 1

$wire->addHookAfter('Pages::added', function(HookEvent $event) {
   $page = $event->arguments(0);

$pageparentdate = $page->parent->auction_end_date;

$parentdateminusstart = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($pageparentdate . ' - ' . "3" . ' minutes'));
    $parentdateminusend = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($pageparentdate));

if (!$page->matches("template=auction-bid, auction_bid_date>={$parentdateminusstart}, auction_bid_date<={$parentdateminusend}"))
    return;

$parent = $page->parent;
    $parentdate = $parent->auction_end_date;
    $parentdateadded = date( 'Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime($parentdate . ' + ' . "3" . ' minutes'));

$parent->setAndSave('auction_end_date', $parentdateadded);

});

Thank you so much @Jan Romero Current code.

Error! I get Undefined variable $pageparentdate? Don´t know how to define it?

Well, for what it’s worth, it’s just a Warning, so it’s not going to crash your site, although it probably will when you upgrade your PHP to version 9 in a couple of years.

Since I’m still not seeing the problem in the code you posted, I assume it’s somewhere else. The Warning should tell you a line number to investigate, but also I would advise you to install a PHP language server such as Intelephense for VSCode. It will show you such problems while you write your code.