E-shop project for my customer to replace prestashop

PavelRadvan

Hi.
I would like to use padloper + PW for my customer to replace prestashop which is his current eshop platform.
It is shop with antique objects(atrs, rings, jewellery, pcitures ....) and is selling lots of products.
Since it is selling of antiquities there is usually also normal situation of purchasing products from customer's clients to resell them.
Shop is now integrated with paypal platform for card payments and is offering to clients to buy even without registration, which is required in our country and also by EU laws.
Prestashop as system is used by customer quite long time and I inherited it with a lots of adjustments and modifications from other developers and it is not in good state.
Last two years I keep it working but it is not possible to upgrade it easy and without problems. Customer has virtual hosted server dedicated mainly to e-shop platform.
About 2 months ago customer and his team tried to make some survey about what to do next with current system and there is no good solution for him to fulfill all needs.
Big game changer and also challenge for competitive systems is reservation system which is offering to clients option to reserve certain product for specific period (days/weeks/months).
This time is configurable in backend with also other parameters.
Reservation system also maintains some queue of people with respective order. When first client who made reservation decide to cancel it, there is option for next client in queue to make reservation.
Every client who want to reserve products has to register in system to have in his profile page details and information about reservations.
Reservation system is also sending mails to customers with notify of ending of client reservation.

I checked demo site https://demo.kongondo.com/ of padloper and it is quite interesting.

Do you think is possible to have solution based on ProcessWire and Padloper?

Hi @PavelRadvan,

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for your interest in Padloper.

21 hours ago, PavelRadvan said:

Since it is selling of antiquities there is usually also normal situation of purchasing products from customer's clients to resell them.

Do yo mean cross-selling within the same site? It is not supported by Padloper out of the box but would be doable with some custom code. You would need to take care of payments logic to sort out who is paying who.

Last two years I keep it working but it is not possible to upgrade it easy and without problems. Customer has virtual hosted server dedicated mainly to e-shop platform.
About 2 months ago customer and his team tried to make some survey about what to do next with current system and there is no good solution for him to fulfill all needs.

What challenges is the customer facing?

Shop is now integrated with paypal platform for card payments and is offering to clients to buy even without registration, which is required in our country and also by EU laws.

Padloper ships with PayPal already integrated. There is no requirement to register to be able to buy.

Big game changer and also challenge for competitive systems is reservation system which is offering to clients option to reserve certain product for specific period (days/weeks/months).
This time is configurable in backend with also other parameters.

This is currently not supported by Padloper. It would require you to write some custom code. It sounds like a good candidate for a custom addon.

Every client who want to reserve products has to register in system to have in his profile page details and information about reservations.

You would need to write custom code for a profile page. it wouldn't be difficult (assuming you know ProcessWire well) since you are dealing with pages.

Do you think is possible to have solution based on ProcessWire and Padloper?

Yes, but you will need to write custom code for certain aspects or get someone to help you with this. The cross-selling sounds like the most difficult aspect. If you have custom code in Prestashop, you might be able to port some of it to ProcessWire.

Let me know if you want to discuss further or if you would like to discuss the custom work that will be required.

Hi.
I am sorry I did not get to you earlier.
Thank you very much for reply.
Regarding your answers and questions :
Customer is not doing cross selling, he just sell antiquities and lots of his clients just bring something (old ring for example) to sell to him for money or other commodities.
So my customer buy this from his client and then usually he put it on eshop to sell. This is just explaining of business of my customer - it is not intended to be incorporated in eshop.
It is very simple for him to create new product and make it available on eshop. Every product of his eshop is unique, because there are no new products, only used, returned, old and ancient pieces...

Challenges which customer has to solve - problems with current state of PS - it is so modified it is not easy to upgrade and also use it as good platform in future.
Sometimes happen that his clients cannot login to system or cannot use basket or mailing is not delivering messages. There is not much user friendly to adjust something from customer side - like  some blog posts, integration of instagram, facebook and others...there are also marketing campaigns on facebook and there is not easy to use PS as eshop as should be working...

It is very nice you have padloper already with paypal integrated...

It could be very nice to have some more options from you to have that custom code for that product reservation system - it something like a booking system in hotel - just to have option to reserve product before buying and to decide later. But is is usually with some more options - like a possible discount or another details.

So from my point of view it could be very valuable to discuss this further.
What do you need to know about whole system to have some good understanding of this project?

Pavel