Images only showing when logged in, when placed from image field inside a repeater matrix

joe_g

Hi there,

I've got a site with pages built with the repeater matrix. In the repeater I've got an images field where the editor uploads images and can then place them in the body text.

The placed images only appear if you're logged in as admin. I suppose that has to do with the repeater matrix pages aren't fully visible for guest users, or something in that line. But I don't know what to do about it exactly. One solution is to have an 'images' field on the page itself, and not inside the repeater matrix, but its a hassle because once you are editing a text field inside the repeater matrix and select the image icon to place an image you're not in the parent page, you have to go and find it, like so:

image.thumb.png.3508734750ed6d56a249156289d7907d.png

What's the solution to allow placeable images inside a repeater matrix?

image.thumb.png.803984009f1a4786f63e35ffa3a38b08.png

Thanks!

j

I had something similar when using the Title field in a repeater. I'm not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I think I solved it by going to the field's Access tab, turning on access control, and assigning the view permission to guests.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:01 AM, joe_g said:

I suppose that has to do with the repeater matrix pages aren't fully visible for guest users, or something in that line.

That's exactly what it is. It is because the repeater page is a child of admin, not of its ’get for' page.

per a response from @ryan in another post:

I would check your CKEditor field settings (Details tab) and see if any "HTML Options" (bottom) are enabled for Images, such as Image access control, which you would want to make sure is disabled here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...