Imagefield used by CKEditor

_Roy_

Hi all,

I have a very simple template for my index-page, but I'm running into a little problem.

On the template there is a multi-image field (for a carousel on the homepage). There is also a CKEditor-textfield for the text that is supposed to show up somewhere below that. However, when I want to put an image in there, it will use the image-field for the carousel to upload the images. This means that it will have to meet the requirements of that (minimum dimensions in this case), that should not apply to images that will be used in the text-field. I also think (I haven't tried it out though) that the images uploaded through CKEditor would show up in the carousel, which is obviously not the intention.

Since this is a very basic setup, I think this will have happened to a lot of users. I'm therefore curious how to solve this.

If I got this right, you have a single images field that you use for two purposes: for images that are (automatically) displayed in a carousel, and for images that are (manually) embedded within a CKEditor (rich text) field?

Simply put, my recommendation would be to use two image fields instead — one for your carousel, and one for your RTE images. You can then configure your CKEditor field to use the field intended for content images via the "Images fields that may be used for dragged-in or pasted-in images" setting (found from the "Input" tab of the field).

For an example on sites I work with there is almost always a field called "content_images". This field is used specifically for images embedded within CKEditor content.

1 hour ago, teppo said:

If I got this right, you have a single images field that you use for two purposes: for images that are (automatically) displayed in a carousel, and for images that are (manually) embedded within a CKEditor (rich text) field?

Simply put, my recommendation would be to use two image fields instead — one for your carousel, and one for your RTE images. You can then configure your CKEditor field to use the field intended for content images via the "Images fields that may be used for dragged-in or pasted-in images" setting (found from the "Input" tab of the field).

For an example on sites I work with there is almost always a field called "content_images". This field is used specifically for images embedded within CKEditor content.

My situation is that I have 1 image-field, the one I use for the carousel. I did not know that I had to create a dedicated field for the images in CKEditor. The image field for the carousel is not meant to be used for those images.

I have now created a new images field, and selected that in the input-tab of the CKEditor field. I can now upload images to that, and use them in CKEditor.

1 additional question though, just for my understanding. What does selecting the field in the input-tab of the CKEditor-field do exactly? Am I right in that it just makes sure that images that are drag/dropped on the CKEditor-field are uploaded to the correct image-field?