How to use Live Server in VSCode for Processwire?

Micthew

5 hours ago, Micthew said:

How to use Live Server Extension in VSCode for displaying Processwire templates?

Live Server is not suitable, because it cannot parse PHP or establish a database connection.

I would recommend you to work with XAMMP (or MAMP for Mac) for local development.

Your question is very short, so we cant know anything about your intentions...

If your intention is to get live updates in your browser while working on the markup of your ProcessWire site than be sure to check out RockFrontend:

1 hour ago, Markus Thomas said:

I would recommend you to work with XAMMP (or MAMP for Mac) for local development.

You might want to check out DDEV: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/27433-using-ddev-for-local-processwire-development-tips-tricks/

Quoting @netcarver here:

Well, late to the party, having been a long-time user of devilbox for local docker-based development. However, the need to support distinct per-project tech stack differences has forced a move away from devilbox to ddev and, apart from the need to make a few local .env changes, it's working out really well so far. Highly recommend it if you haven't tried it out yet.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, Markus Thomas said:

Live Server is not suitable, because it cannot parse PHP or establish a database connection.

Ouh i see, so i can't use Live Server, right?

Yes i using XAMPP for Windows
Thank you so much @Markus Thomas

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 10/7/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ivan Gretsky said:

Live Server Extension for VS Code + a browser extension for it are a tool to refresh any page in the browser when the watched code in VS Code changes. It can work with php-generated content - see here on how to set it up. Nothing unique to ProcessWire though.

Ok i'll try for your suggestion, thank you so much @Ivan Gretsky

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 10/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, gs-df said:

Ok i'll try this suggestion too, thank you so much @gs-df

On 10/7/2022 at 10:46 PM, bernhard said:

Your question is very short, so we cant know anything about your intentions...

I'm apologize, just that question in my brain ? , "to the point"

On 10/7/2022 at 10:46 PM, bernhard said:

If your intention is to get live updates in your browser while working on the markup of your ProcessWire site than be sure to check out RockFrontend:

Ok, your suggestion is like @gs-df, maybe RockFrontend is a recommended for me, so i'll try it, thank you so much @bernhard