Split the Admin Users Page

trinic

Is there a way to break the users page in to different sections?  For instance, I'm creating a church site and they have Ministers, Missionary, and regular users.  Each of these usertypes have different fields and is therefore making the add user form very large and hard to navigate.  Is there a way to make a Ministers page that simly adds the fields I need to add a minister user and the same for the rest?

Currently there isn't a way (that I know of) to have different user types. Meaning, whatever fields you add to your 'user' template are going to be present for all users. However, you could always create other templates with whatever fields you need, and then relate them to the users via Page references. You could also use tabs or collapsed fieldsets to hide sections that aren't applicable to all users. In terms of navigating in the admin: ProcessWire admin is nothing more than a website written in ProcessWire. If you think of it that way, you can swap out of any of it's components (Process modules) or make your own templates that display exactly what you need. You can add a new page in the admin just as easily as you can add a new page on the front-end of your site. 

• Like 1