Who is still hardcoding a logo, banner, etc. ?

pwired

Who is still hard coding graphics like a logo, banner, etc in sub folders like logo or banner in the styles folder ?

hardcoded.jpg.40980025159aba5433d026779ae4a0cf.jpg

I stopped working that way and create "Pages" in the back end such as a logo "Page" and a banner "Page"

That way a logo and a banner etc. can be managed directly through the back end and no longer need a third party FTP tool.
Makes it also more easy for the website user/client.

We do ? Sometimes. It has pros and cons. The problem with clients uploading logos is that it can make troubles (eg rendering SVGs in different browsers). The safe way is to put it into something like /site/templates/img/logo.svg and use that logo instead. That also has the benefit of having the logo in version control, as it's imho more part of the software than user content.

But I guess there is no right or wrong here...

• Like 5

put it into something like /site/templates/img/logo.svg and use that logo instead. That also has the benefit of having the logo in version control,

Thanks for mentioning about version control ... haven't considered that one ... perhaps for bigger projects.

I always hard-code things that usually never change during the lifespan of a website. For example footer address information, logos, social media icons, etc.

Yes that makes sense. But in case of a multi language website how would you manage the text in the footer and the text on banners and banner slides, etc. ?