Warnings on installation

Erica

Hi,
I just installed PW for the first time on my hosted server, and everything seems to have gone great, except I got these warnings on the last page of the install process:

Warning: session_name() [function.session-name]: Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /var/www/wyrdling.com/public_html/wire/core/Session.php on line 291

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /var/www/wyrdling.com/public_html/wire/core/Session.php on line 294

Do I need to worry and/or do something about this?

Oh, and the first time I logged in to the back-end I also got this warning:

SystemUpdaterChecks: Note: your current server locale setting isn’t working as expected with the UTF-8 charset and may cause minor issues. Your current locale setting is “C”. Please add this to your /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed):

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US.UTF-8');

Hi @Erica welcome to the forum!

2 hours ago, Erica said:

Warning: session_name() [function.session-name]: Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /var/www/wyrdling.com/public_html/wire/core/Session.php on line 291

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /var/www/wyrdling.com/public_html/wire/core/Session.php on line 294

you should definitely care about those two.

Where are you hosting your site? Is it a very cheap/limited shared host? Maybe one of these posts are helpful?

I guess your host does not support all necessary functions and echo's out some error/warning before it comes to session_name and ini_set. That output could then produce the headers already sent warning...

2 hours ago, Erica said:

SystemUpdaterChecks: Note: your current server locale setting isn’t working as expected with the UTF-8 charset and may cause minor issues. Your current locale setting is “C”. Please add this to your /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed):

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US.UTF-8');

That one should not be a big problem, but it should also be easy to fix: 

Thank you for the reply (and sorry for taking a bit of time before getting back to you).

It's hosted on simply.com (previously called unoeuro). The suggested post seemed to solve the problem by changing webhost, but honestly I don't think I'm willing to try that just to get it to work, since it would be quite an added expense (I don't know what they were talking about when it came to SSL though). And the suggested post in the suggested post doesn't seem to mimick my warnings (they only showed up during the installation process).

Simply.com checks all the software requirements for PW as far as I can tell (though I'm unsure about these two in the recommended-but-not-necessary list: multi-byte string support and short tags turned on). Beyond the two warnings, things seemed fine otherwise when I ran the installer (everything had a checkmark in front of it).

About the charset thing, the examples shown seems to be from an earlier version of PW - I couldn't find the admin based page shown in the screen shots, but the error showed up again the first time I logged in today, and said I had to add a line of code to the config.php file. Though, do I just add this:

setlocale(LC_ALL, 'da_DK.UTF-8');

at the bottom of the document as is, or do I need to add any $config-> part before it (like all the other lines have in that file)?

Addendum: I don't know if this is relevant to the first problem (or something I should deal with on it's own), but I checked the logs and under modules I have a whole row of not-quite-warnings about two missing modules:

Screenshot 2022-06-23 17.59.24.png

2 hours ago, Erica said:

Addendum: I don't know if this is relevant to the first problem (or something I should deal with on it's own), but I checked the logs and under modules I have a whole row of not-quite-warnings about two missing modules:

These errors indicate that you have an entry for these modules in your database, but the files on the disk for these modules do not exist. That can happen if you install a module and then just delete the module files without uninstalling the module first. In the backend's module section you should have a "missing" tab where you can delete the entries in the db which should prevent the warnings from showing up in the future.

About the config file: okay, thank you ?

About the module errors: I haven't done anything but install PW though - not messing about with modules or anything, these errors showed up right after installation.
(Also, I can't find the "missing" tab you mentioned, I have: Site, Core, Configure, Install and New).