Need to have a permission which administers the users without set password privilege for a user.

Kola

Hello,

I am a newbie to Processwire. I have created a user named "user-admin" who is responsible to create new users(name,email,role). I am using EmailNewUser and ForcePasswordChange modules to auto generate password and mail it to newly registered users. I dont want to allow anyone to change/set password manually for all these users. 

i.e I dont want "Set Password" option accessible to anyone except that user himself. Not even user-admin or super-user should be able to change/set password of other users manually. Is this possible? and what happens in case a user forgets his password?

• 1 month later...

There is an optional module in the core ProcessForgotPassword that you can install to enable people to reset their passwords if they forget.

With regard to preventing even super-user role from changing any password other than their own, I think it could be done, but would require a hook in site/ready.php

I'd imagine adding a hook before InputfieldPassword::processInput should be able to check the current user, and if they're not the same user as the password belongs to, then abandon any changes.

I may not have the right hook method. A hook before Pages::save might be another option, as everything including users are 'pages' in Processwire, so the logic would be something like

if($user->name != $page->name && $page->template == 'user'){

//Prevent page saving.

}

Someone else can probably help give a working example, or if I get time I can have a try and update my post once I've got something working.

• Like 2