PW install option in docker

valan

I'm looking for PW install option in docker. This option is missing at PW site "install" section. Could community recommend a non-official repo with docker-compose that builds container with latest versions of PW, nginx, php, mysql?

The easiest and best way to setup this stack in my opinion is ddev.

DDEV is an open source tool that makes it dead simple to get local PHP development environments up and running within minutes. It's powerful and flexible as a result of its per-project environment configurations, which can be extended, version controlled, and shared. In short, DDEV aims to allow development teams to use Docker in their workflow without the complexities of bespoke configuration.

Me and @bernhard use it, and are very satisfied. I am using it on Windows 11 inside of WSL2. But it also runs on Macs and Linux machines.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to all replied. Unfortunately all suggested options require either extra tools (like ddev) and/or time to read, follow X instructions one-by-one, etc.

I still think that PW should has official install option that 1) enables ready-to-serve PW in one-line command, e.g. smth like "git clone ... & docker-compose -up d" 2) has Nginx, PHP-FPM and MySql under the hood. From marketing perspective it should be the best option to engage newcomers with no extra time to dive deeper in the very beginning.

@ryan what do you think?)

On 7/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, bernhard said:

Is anything missing for that to work from the PW side? Couldn't you just create such a docker compose file and share it with the community?

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/setting-up-a-lamp-stack-with-docker-compose/

From the PW side the install option is missing) I've created one for my own purposes and happy to share with the community: https://bitbucket.org/valieand/pw 

Someone who has more time and competence can fork and polish it in order to add to official install options. 

• Like 3