Repeater Backend Edit: Can’t save page ... Call $page->of(false)

kater

I'm doing it wrong again. ?

I've a nested repeater.
event_setup_list (repeater) > event_setup_list_groups (repeater) with page references (asm)

ONLY when i'm iterating (even without doing anything within the first iteration) in ready.php to build an array in a php session:

foreach (wire('pages')->get($_SESSION['user']['event_select'])->event_setup_list as $key1 => $item1) {
}

1) Changing title field in BACKEND of event_setup_list: not saved but no error msg.

2) Changing item order (Backend) in event_setup_list_groups: Error msg:
PagesEditor: Fehler beim speichern von Feld "Event Anmeldeliste" — Can’t save page 2787: /admin/repeaters/for-field-388/for-page-2212/1646045250-8328-1/: Call $page->of(false); before getting/setting values that will be modified and saved. [event_setup_list_groups]

3) I can edit everything just fine from the tree > admin > repeaters > event_setup_list > basepage > testgroup (2787)

! The repeater-containing basepage has been duplicated but all settings seem correct.
The repeater is within a fieldset. All PW/Module versions current. PHP 7.4.29

Any hints?
Thanks!!

• kater changed the title to Repeater Backend Edit: Can’t save page ... Call $page->of(false)

Hi elabx,

Thanks.
Maybe you can give me a hint to understand why i need to set of(false) (in template) when not editing (setting values/saving to) the repeater field (via API/Template).
Error happens just by iterating through the field (base repeater event_setup_list, not even the nested event_setup_list_groups). Does this already invoke editing?

I can edit the repeater via admin tree section direct access without problem.

cheers

1 hour ago, kater said:

Thanks.
Maybe you can give me a hint to understand why i need to set of(false) (in template) when not editing (setting values/saving to) the repeater field (via API/Template).
Error happens just by iterating through the field (base repeater event_setup_list, not even the nested event_setup_list_groups). Does this already invoke editing?

Iterating for output shouldn't be an issue, could you post a more complete code sample?? I only see an empty for loop on your previous post.