Forum module - checking to see if enough interest to continue development

breezer

Hello folks, I was working on a forum module which is about 65% done and was wondering if there would be enough interest to continue development. This would be a paid module of course due to the amount of time involved.

I should have my workspace set back up in a few weeks, but later today I'll get a feature list and some screenshots of what I have so far and add them to this thread. Thanks for your time ?

• Like 5

I would definitely be interested... if some client would ask for a (PW integrated) forum. Must be at least 10 years now that I haven't had such a requirement.

So I am not sure that there still exists a sizable market for (new) forum softwares...

• Like 3

Anything like this would be beneficial, whether you make any money from it, who knows, that's the risk you take with anything monetary. But being 65% of the way there is better than 35% right?

I tried integrating with Flarum once, I got 50% of the way there, registering users on first login to ProcessWire, or however I wanted it to work, but couldn't get users logging into Flarum when they logged into ProcessWire. They had some weird setup as far as I remember and dodged the issue.

If its that far along would love to see it ?

• Like 1

@cb2004 I've looked into flarum over last two days and it seems to be a good option and could be a good fit for ProcessWire as it uses the same technology on the server side and could even use the same database. Any chance to see what you did?

@breezer have you thought of integrating an existing solution into PW rather than building something new?

@bernhard I had nothing groundbreaking going like a module or anything, but I had users being created using the API by following:

https://gist.github.com/woganmay/4c15a0f7c16e41ab3a3ea1a73c595bf9

So when a user was logging in to the members area I had created in ProcessWire, it was creating a user on the forum with the same email address and password as what they had just logged in with. I never got round to getting them logged in to Flarum unfortunately so gave up, but I was obviously looking to remove some options from Flarum like logging out, and registration and stuff. It seems this could be a good thing to look at:

https://discuss.flarum.org/d/21666-php-and-wordpress-single-sign-on-sso-with-optional-jwt-addon

• Like 1

@bernhard yes sir it is the same software but I did a bit more work on it before my computer was lost/stolen. I recently recovered the hard drive and got it up and running again, and hated to scrap the project. As stated earlier by @dynweb, unfortunately I agree and I don't really see much use for a forum anymore.

I appreciate everyones time that posted ?

• Like 2