Devilbox help

benbyf

Just getting set up with a docker and Devilbox after lots of chat about it on the recent share you setups topic.

I probably foolishly am starting from a duplicate of an existing site having copyied the files into the data/sitename/htdocs/ folder and imported the db using phpmyadmin, but getting 500 errors. I seem to be able to access .txt .html etc files ok but my processwire files return a title then a internal server error which i cant find the logs for... any help would b appreciated. (I also dont know if it's an issue that I created the folder and copied files on my mac and not in the container...?)

2 hours ago, benbyf said:

Just getting set up with a docker and Devilbox after lots of chat about it on the recent share you setups topic.

I probably foolishly am starting from a duplicate of an existing site having copyied the files into the data/sitename/htdocs/ folder and imported the db using phpmyadmin, but getting 500 errors. I seem to be able to access .txt .html etc files ok but my processwire files return a title then a internal server error which i cant find the logs for... any help would b appreciated. (I also dont know if it's an issue that I created the folder and copied files on my mac and not in the container...?)

The files you work with will always be on your local machine. And I see no foolishness here :) Working inside the container itself (using the shell script in the Devilbox directory) shouldn't be needed so no worries there. Some recommendations (and me thinking out loud)-

If you're getting a 500 error with a page title before failure then PHP is booting properly. I would start with ProcessWire's logs first in case it's able to catch that error when it executes. Could be more info there.

Double check that $config->debug is set to true in config.php to see if you can squeeze out any more information from your 500.

Check your .env config to make sure you're running either PHP 7.4 or 8.0 (depending on your PW version) just in case Devilbox's defaults to PHP 8.1 which PW isn't fully compatible with yet AFAIK. I think it might do that IIRC.

Knock out those items and we can troubleshoot from there if it doesn't fix the problem.

• Thanks 1

YESSSS thank you! working, I changed the .env php to 7.4 from 8.1 and now works, its was erroring about something in AIOM module, but I'm usre it'll would have failed on something else too. Love to get some sites on 8.* at somepoint though so might revisit.

Thanks for you help!

• Like 1