teppo

Module: Process Changelog

@adrian, I'm not seeing that issue here. Any chance you could check your login page for a hidden input with name "javascript" and value "1"? This is how LoginHistory knows that you've got JS enabled, so if that's not there, then it's probably going to report it wrong.

Then again, if that doesn't exist, it shouldn't be able to get screen and window dimensions either (are those missing too?)

You're not using a custom login form, are you? :)

• Like 1

Hey @teppo - no idea why, but logins are now showing fine in Chrome. It's weird because yesterday it wasn't just my login attempts that were showing JS disabled and no flash info. 

I'll keep an eye on it.

Sorry to bother you!

• Like 2

Thanks for letting me know. Self-correcting issues, what fun :P

• Like 2

I have a 3.0.62 site running the RenoTheme.

Even when ChangeLog is installed there is no link under the Setup Tab.

I can confirm ChangeLog can be found in the tree under Admin > Setup 

With the Changelog activated I start receiving out of memory errors with the PW Backup:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXX bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in //www-office/wire/core/WireDatabaseBackup.php on line 1269

Uninstalling Changelog makes the backups run fine again.

ProcessWire 3.0.125 ,
Changelog   1.5.5
PHP 7.2 Apache 2.4
256 MB Memory

Is anyone else seeing this?

Update: I found out from a backup (when it worked) that the plug-in can collect huge amounts of data. I moved the info over to GitHub, with the details.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 2:26 AM, ceberlin said:

Is anyone else seeing this?

I think this might be the source of something that @GhostRider was experiencing - perhaps he can confirm whether uninstalling this module fixes the backup problem.

the fix is temporary, i fear - with the wrong settings the problem re-occurs. My log was becoming huge, probably only because of a cron-job cleaning up. (80.000 entries with lots of MB), all built up within a week.

If there would be a setting not to log system actions (or log them differently, maybe shorter) it would be easier to know what's going on with with the editors because their changes can be stored longer (not so many entries normally)?

Hi Teppo, 

I do not remember correctly, but maybe after switching a site from 7.0.x to PHP 7.1.x I started to get a lot of these:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: Previous page URL in .../ProcessChangelog/ProcessChangelog.module:810

Could it be possible to get rid of these?

Hi, thanks for the great module! Will be default in all my next PW-sites!

I wonder if there is anyway to setup a mail trigger if a page gets unpublished/published?

2 minutes ago, gottberg said:

I wonder if there is anyway to setup a mail trigger if a page gets unpublished/published?

Try hooking into: https://processwire.com/api/ref/pages/published/ and https://processwire.com/api/ref/pages/unpublished/ and add a wireMail call as needed.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm this is working with PW 3+ and how I access the ChangeLog with the V3 UI?

I have ChangeLog installed but see nothing listed under the Setup tab where my other Modules are listed.

According to the instructions...

When you install this module, it creates a new page into the Admin called Changelog (Settings > Changelog). This page contains a list of changes to pages on the site since the moment this module was installed. By clicking the more link next to each row reveals more information about that particular change.

I think this applies to PW UI pre UI Kit as the latest version only has a navigation structure of

• Pages
  • Setup
  • Modules
  • Access

Cheers

Hi Teppo,

Thank you very much for your great work! I wonder if it would be possible to prevent a user to be logged. Let me explain, one of our sites has a synchronisation process which use a user 'synchro'. This automated process does not need to be logged, since there are a lot of changes made by this process. We only want to log 'regular administrative' users.

I suppose I can hook myself over your own hook, but I am not sure how to proceed.

I would like to something like:

if (thisUser or theseUsers) don't log.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:55 PM, ceberlin said:

If there would be a setting not to log system actions (or log them differently, maybe shorter) it would be easier to know what's going on with with the editors because their changes can be stored longer (not so many entries normally)?

Latest version adds support for ignoring specific users and/or roles, so that may help a bit. There's no clean way to figure out what is a system action, so I think ignoring the guest user (or some other user/role you use to perform these automated actions) is the best solution we have at the moment.

Shorter duration for log rows matching some rule (such as a specific role/user) could be a potential future addition as well, in case there's demand for that sort of thing 🙂

On 2/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, szabesz said:

Hi Teppo, 

I do not remember correctly, but maybe after switching a site from 7.0.x to PHP 7.1.x I started to get a lot of these:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: Previous page URL in .../ProcessChangelog/ProcessChangelog.module:810

Could it be possible to get rid of these?

It's been a while (sorry!) so hopefully this has been resolved already. If not, let me know (preferably via GitHub issues, these are much easier for me to keep track of).

On 8/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, Peter Knight said:

Can anyone confirm this is working with PW 3+ and how I access the ChangeLog with the V3 UI?

I have ChangeLog installed but see nothing listed under the Setup tab where my other Modules are listed.

According to the instructions...

I think this applies to PW UI pre UI Kit as the latest version only has a navigation structure of

• Pages
  • Setup
  • Modules
  • Access

Cheers

If this is still occurring, please open a GitHub issue (if possible). I've just tested the module with both Reno and (old) default admin theme's, and was unable to reproduce this. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, but it seems that adding any published (and non-hidden) page under /processwire/setup/ brings it up in the menu, so not really sure where to start, except that perhaps make sure that you're not using any hooks / modules that might somehow alter menu behaviour.

It would be best if you could try this on a blank install: if the issue occurs there, it should be much easier for me to reproduce as well. If not, it's probably something specific to your current setup, which means that we'd have to start by figuring out what exactly is going on there 🙂

On 10/9/2019 at 4:41 AM, Guy Verville said:

Thank you very much for your great work! I wonder if it would be possible to prevent a user to be logged. Let me explain, one of our sites has a synchronisation process which use a user 'synchro'. This automated process does not need to be logged, since there are a lot of changes made by this process. We only want to log 'regular administrative' users.

Latest version (1.7.1) has two new configuration options (ProcessChangelogHooks config settings): ignored roles and ignored users. I think one of these should help with this 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, gottberg said:

On 2/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, adrian said:

I realise it's been a while since this was posted (again: sorry!) but while some sort of email trigger might be an interesting future addition, at the moment what Adrian suggested is probably the fastest and easiest way to achieve this. That, or perhaps Field Change Notifier in case you prefer a GUI solution 🙂