Can processwire do this

roelof

Hi Roelof, welcome to the ProcessWire forum, you'll find quite a few Textpattern users in here!

At least, I seem to remember a roelof from the TxP forum with a domain similar to that one but my memory is not what it used to be. Anyway, if that is you and your site is running on Textpattern then you should be OK with ProcessWire. I haven't yet come across anything that I did in Textpattern that I can't do with ProcessWire (and usually much more easily too.)

Edited to add: But, it does take knowing some PHP as you'll need to use PHP in your template files.

Edited by netcarver
  • Like 1

Im the same.

The first site was in Textpattern but I tried several other cms.

Now I work in Symphony CMS where is the site is made of xml and xslt.

I find it difficult to find a cms where I can decide how many articles are placed on a particular place based on the month and year and the page.

Biggest problem I think I don't know many PHP so I have to learn that first I think.

Roelof

Hi roelof,

Welcome to the forums. ProcessWire is a very flexible and extremely powerful CMS, and I firmly believe it can be used to build all kinds of websites, from simple portfolio sites to highly complex news sites. In my experience, when it comes to PW, sky is the limit!

As netcarver mentions, you need to be a little bit familiar with PHP to make the most out of it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need to learn PHP before starting to use PW. In fact, I've found that using PW is in and of itself a great way of learning PHP. As long as you're able to understand the most basic PHP concepts, I think you can pretty much learn all the rest as you go.

If you get stuck somewhere and need help, the community is here to help. So, my advice would be to give PW a try and see first hand what you can do with it.

Best of luck.

Claudio

• Like 3

Well, the first thing is to actually try it so you understand the basics of how it works and how all the elements work together.

This is a tutorial that will take you through all the basic elements of how processwire works:

http://wiki.processwire.com/index.php/Basic_Website_Tutorial

Once you do that, and have a better idea of the system, then you will be able to ask specific questions that will help you create your site.

Good luck

Joss

• Like 2

Hi roelof,

I think Joss is right here. I think you'd be better off by first getting familiar with the system and only then starting to think about the different approaches you could use to build your site with PW. Joss provides a link to an excellent tutorial that will most definitely help you get acquainted with PW. Here are other resources you might find useful:

So, there you have it, a nice list of easy-to-follow articles you can read to get intimate with ProcessWire. Once you've gone through that, you will have a much clearer picture of what you can do with PW and how to do it.

I hope that helps.

Claudio

• Like 3