How to access a class outside of processWire?

Peter Oehman

I'm trying to use a class in a file outside of ProcessWire, the classes name is captcha. When trying to access it this is the error message:  Uncaught Error: Class 'ProcessWire\CAPTCHA' not found

I'm guessing this is ProcessWire looking for any classes in the system and not finding any, so how can I access this class?

The error message shows that you are trying to create a new Instance of CAPTCHA but in the ProcessWire namespace. This is because you have something like this at the top of your file:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

Simply adding a \ should fix this error:

$cap = new \CAPTCHA();

• Like 1

i've a problem mutally in the same area:
coming from drupal where krumo (http://krumo.kaloyan.info/) is part of the widely used development module and an easy way to insert krumo(object/variable/array) at any place to have a handy you have a collapsed view of the input as a great replacement of print_r. i'm frequently using it also in php projects (without namespaces).
i include it in processwire like this:

define('dir', dirname(__FILE__));
include_once(dir.'/includes/krumo/class.krumo.php');
krumo::$skin = 'orange'; // just a theme of krumo

krumo works fine as expected as long as i use e.g. »normal« php arrays.
when i hand over a WireArray, e.g. a page array it stops working with fatal errors, obviously due to krumo being called as class inside of another namespace.
i fiddled around with the $wireArray->getArray() method, but no avail.
how can i globally display the processwire objects the same way as standard php objects?

... or does anyone an alternative method of displaying any kind of data (objects/arrays/variables) for debugging with a page?