Can't change name of page in admin

prestoav

Hi there,

PW 3.0.165

I have a multi-language site where I need to change the URL slug / name of the page. 

Current names are:
/en/page-name
/fr/page-name
/de/page-name

etc. ('page-name' is actually something else)

I go into the page in admin and change (under settings) to the following:

/en/page
/fr/page
/de/page

(again, 'page' is something else but just a single word, no spaces or special chars)

But when I save the page and look again all the names are back to:
/en/page-name
/fr/page-name
/de/page-name

etc.

Is there a template setting or similar I have missed where you can prohibit name changes? I'm not getting any warnings about it and I can't see one but I'm sure I'm missing something!

Any help really appreciated!

Hello @prestoav,

I don't have a solution, but I can confirm that I recently had the same issue. I tried to change a page name but every time I saved it was the old name.

I noticed that this only happened on my local development environment (ProcessWire 3.0.19x & MAMP PRO) and on a staging server it was possible to change the name.

Maybe somebody else had this issue too or a theory.

Regards, Andreas

10 minutes ago, AndZyk said:

Hello @prestoav,

I don't have a solution, but I can confirm that I recently had the same issue. I tried to change a page name but every time I saved it was the old name.

I noticed that this only happened on my local development environment (ProcessWire 3.0.19x & MAMP PRO) and on a staging server it was possible to change the name.

Maybe somebody else had this issue too or a theory.

Regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information and glad I'm not alone!

I just tried a copy on my local MAMP install (PHP 7.4.21) and that worked just fine. On the client's DV server (PHP 7.3.33) it won't work.

I'm not keen to change the client's PHP version yet but I could if it comes to that.

This sounds that on the not proceeding servers something interferes with the post processing after save before the rename request was processed. Have you turned on $config->debug? Anything in the logs? The normal processing is save sends a post request, that is processed (successful or not) and then a GET redirect is invoked. So, there must be some unusual things happen when you do not get notified via admin messages.

Hi @horst Thanks for your repay.

$config->debug is on and no errors there. I've also checked logs and nothing showing up there either sadly ?

I've also uninstalled the 'Page Rename Options' module in case that was interrupting the process but that made no difference either.

Finally I've updated the client server to PHP 7.4.21 but that didn't change anything.